Sleep Habits of the Zodiac
- ♈ Aries: Aries are a hyperactive sign and tend to have sleeping troubles. Their dreams are often intense and vivid, They find it very hard to wind down at night and ignore the health benefits of good sleep. Slide sleeping is known to improve sleep quality
- ♉ Taurus: Sleep can be very fitful for Taurus if they are not comfortable. They are especially sensitive to their environment. They tend to sleep long and appreciate bed time. Meaningful dreams. Sleep best in company.
- ♊ Gemini: Gemini can survive off a fairly minimal amount of sleep - but it eventually catches up with them. Their minds are always racing in overdrive so sleep never comes easily. Many see sleep as an inconvenience and insomnia as productive 'extra' time
- ♋ Cancer: Cancer can have restless sleep patterns because they are likely to suffer nightmares a lot. Bedtime is especially volatile for Cancer because they dwell in all their troubles before sleep. They usually never feel completely 'awake'
- ♌ Leo: Most Leo are back sleepers and tend to drift off quite easily; unless they are stressed. They appreciate bed time and like to sleep amongst the most luxurious and sensuous of sheets and linen. Meaningful and precognitive dreams
- ♍ Virgo: Virgo cannot sleep if they are stressed or in an environment of disorder. Their chronic habit of overthinking makes it difficult for them to wind down before bed. They function most well when they have obtained a 'sleep schedule'
- ♎ Libra: Libra swing between sleeping too much and not enough. They can survive on minimal sleep for a short period then literally spend days in bed. A balanced sleep pattern is a good sign of inner equilibrium for Libra
- ♏ Scorpio: Scorpio's sleep is directed by their state of moods. A 'lifted' Scorpio will survive off minimal sleep - pushing bed time back as late as possible as they fall into their concentrated obsessions. An unhappy Scorpio will become very hypersomniac and need a lot of sleep
- ♐ Sagittarius: Sagittarius can survive off a minimal sleep arrangement but tend to naturally exhaust themselves through the day. They can put off bed time by becoming too excited or hyper about things at night. Occasionally restless, meaningful dreams
- ♑ Capricorn: Capricorn appreciate their sleep and try to get as much as possible - knowing it is within their best interests. A stressed Capricorn will have pronounced sleep troubles - insomnia is a sign of great inner distress for this sign
- ♒ Aquarians have pronounced sleep troubles and tend to be restless and uncomfortable in sleep. Their racing thoughts make it hard for them to wind down at night and their use of technology and reading before bed compounds their minimal sleep
- ♓ Pisces: Sleep is opium for Pisceans; and out of all the zodiac, they need the most hours. Their receptive nature means they are drained by others and sleep restores their energy reserves. Many never feel truly 'awake'; they tend to have vivid and meaningful dreams
10 Mind-Bending Discoveries In Physics
Time Stops at the Speed of Light
According to Einstein’s Theory of Special Relativity, the speed of light can never change—it’s always stuck at approximately 300,000,000 meters/second, no matter who’s observing it. This in itself is incredible enough, given that nothing can move faster than light, but it’s still very theoretical. The really cool part of Special Relativity is an idea called time dilation, which states that the faster you go, the slower time passes for you relative to your surroundings. Seriously—if you go take a ride in your car for an hour, you will have aged ever-so-slightly less than if you had just sat at home on the computer. The extra nanoseconds you get out of it might not be worth the price of gas, but hey, it’s an option.Of course, time can only slow down so much, and the formula works out so that if you’re moving at the speed of light, time isn’t moving at all. Now, before you go out and try some get-immortal-quick scheme, just note that moving at the speed of light isn’t actually possible, unless you happen to be made of light. Technically speaking, moving that fast would require an infinite amount of energy.
Alright, so we just finished agreeing that nothing can move faster than the speed of light—right? Well… yes and no. While that’s technically still true, at least in theory, it turns out that there’s a loophole to be found in the mind-blowing branch of physics known as quantum mechanics.Quantum mechanics, in essence, is the study of physics at a microscopic scale, such as the behavior of subatomic particles. These types of particles are impossibly small, but very important, as they form the building blocks for everything in the universe. I’ll leave the technical details aside for now (it gets pretty complicated), but you can picture them as tiny, spinning, electrically-charged marbles. Okay, maybe that’s kind of complicated too. Just roll with it (pun intended).So say we have two electrons (a subatomic particle with a negative charge). Quantum entanglement is a special process that involves pairing up these particles in such a way that they become identical (marbles with the same spin and charge). When this happens, things get weird—because from now on, these electrons stay identical. This means that if you change one of them—say, spin it in the other direction—its twin reacts in exactly the same way. Instantly. No matter where it is. Without you even touching it. The implications of this process are huge—it means that information (in this case, the direction of spin) can essentially be teleported anywhere in the universe.
Light is Affected by Gravity
But let’s get back to light for a minute, and talk about the Theory of General Relativity this time (also by Einstein). This one involves an idea called light deflection, which is exactly what it sounds like—the path of a beam of light is not entirely straight.Strange as that sounds, it’s been proved repeatedly (Einstein even got a parade thrown in his honor for properly predicting it). What it means is that, even though light doesn’t have any mass, its path is affected by things that do—such as the sun. So if a beam of light from, say, a far off star passes close enough to the sun, it will actually bend slightly around it. The effect on an observer—such as us—is that we see the star in a different spot of sky than it’s actually located (much like fish in a lake are never in the spot they appear to be). Remember that the next time you look up at the stars—it could all just be a trick of the light.
Follow these blogs!
- petitepearl ♥
Site Directory/Useful Links
About the Signs:
- What the signs are concerned with
- The Signs’ spiritual goals
- The Sign’s personalities
- The Signs inside
- The Elemental Quality of the Signs
- The Males of the Zodiac
- The Females of the Zodiac
- The Signs at Work
- The Signs In Love
- The Signs as Partners
- The Signs and Friends
- Fire Signs
- Earth Signs
- Air Signs
- Water Signs
- Astrology of Pets
- The Signs as Pokemon
- The Signs as Mythological Creatures
- The best jobs for each Sign
- The Decans
- How to Woo the Signs
- The Signs’ Strengths
- The Signs’ Weaknesses
- The Signs’ Erogenous Zones
- Basic facts about the Signs
- The Signs as Kids
- How to tell if the Signs Like you
- The Signs In Bed
- Quotes from famous Members of each Sign
- Famous members of each Sign
- If the Signs were Food
- The Signs’ Sexuality
- Best Environments for the Signs
- Ideal Partners/Friends/Children for the Signs
- Positive Traits of the Signs
- Negative Traits of the Signs
- The Nature of the Signs
- The Signs’ Habits
- Careers for the Signs.
- The Signs and Relationships
- The Signs and Romance
- Basic Qualities of the Signs
- Women of the Zodiac
- Men of the Zodiac
- Bonuses & Tradeoffs of the Signs
- Gift Ideas for the Signs
- The Signs as Teenagers
- The Signs’ Cheers
- The Signs and Fitness
- The Signs’ Challenges
- The Signs and Colors
- What the Signs need in a Partner
- How to Make Up with the Signs
Parts of the Natal Chart:
- The Sun
- The Moon
- The North and South Nodes
- The Midheaven
- The Houses
- The Aspects
- The Asteroids
- All joke posts
- What Car each Sign would drive
- What pet would go best with each sign
- Sun Sign Prayers
- After Sex Comments
- How many of your Sign it takes screw in a Lightbulb?
- What Google thinks about your Sign
- What Yahoo thinks about your Sign
- If the Signs were forced to sign Karaoke
- What the Signs would do with 10,000 Dollars
- Pick up lines to use on the signs
- Pick Up lines the Signs would use.
- Reasons to/not to date each of the Signs
Other Zodiac systems:
- All posts about other Zodiacs
- The Chinese Zodiac
- The Native American Zodiac
- Mayan Astrology
- Celtic Astrology
- The Entomozodiac (Incan Zodiac)
Other Personality archetypes:
- Astrology of characters in the Media
- Horoscope information
- Your Personality according to Moon Phase
- Your Personality according to the Day of the Week
- Blogger/Starling Interactions
- Guess My Sign (GMS) Results
- Marry/Fuck/Kill (MFK) Results
- Honesty Hour Results
- Celebrations Outline
- All the posts for the Celebrations
- Ask The Bloggers
About the Blog:
About the Bloggers:
I’m writing this down as a reference for days I’m feeling down and stressed and lethargic and bummed out about the world
Little things that make life slightly more magical and great (a vomit-inducing, sentimental list):
how to break my heart through History
i. Arrange my books into an Eiffel tower, then burn it down. Treat yourself as Nero and burn these Christians with laughter and joy.
ii. Be a Cleopatra and love somebody else at the same time as you love me. Kill me with the snake that you really are.
iii. Look at me as if I were an ‘untouchable’ in the caste system of India. See my scars and my flaws. Be disgusted.
iv. Become a Herodotus and lie about me. Tell your friends and family that you don’t have a lover. Tell me you love me. Lie to me.
v. Abandon me, in the same way Jason abandoned Medea for another woman. Leave me in the seas and never return.
vi. Unlove me and tell me that I am not beautiful anymore. That I become a Medusa in my path.