i am obsessively writing headcanons for all of the falling angels, like:
Baradiel couldn’t manage a scream as she was ripped from Heaven and she couldn’t even scream when the wings that had been part of her being for millennia suddenly were ripped away from her. She was silent the entire time, even as she hit the ground hard and she felt something (her leg?) break. How could she scream at a broken leg when she already felt broken inside?
And then a flash of blaring, impossible lights (there was a word for this artificial light….) and a warm hand on her shoulder, “Miss? Are you alright?”
It was a man—barely older than her vessel—concerned and panting and breathing hard.
Baradiel looked at him and flicked her eyes between the hand on her shoulder, the concern in his eyes, the break of her leg, and the hundreds of angels still falling around her.
She opened her mouth and screamed.
protip: freshening up pillows and blankets
So it’s dead week at uni (aka the ‘study week’ where you’re supposed to dedicate days to preparing for finals) and I have a light finals schedule so I’ve predominantly been spending time on my bed watching television and reading.
This means my sheets are kinda hot and slept-in, but I literally just washed my sheets a week or so ago and it’s expensive to do laundry just because I have some lived-in sheets.
So here’s what i do to make my sheets feel nice and clean before bed:
- Make your bed right before you get into bed or make it as soon as you wake up. I can’t explain the difference it makes in terms of the bed feeling clean and the sheets feeling pulled tautly and cleanly.
- Stick pillows, blankets, teddy bears, cuddly things, whatever, in the freezer for 5 minutes or so before bed (I’ve heard to put a bag on it so it doesn’t get wet, but that’s never happened to me, but just in case, bag away!) The motherfucking freezer is like a reset button on sheets/pillows/clothes. It’s fucking unexplained science.
- Clean up the area around your bed—just clear the floor completely, tidy up your bedside tables, whatever. It adds to the feeling of a clean atmosphere around your bed.
- Spritz a bit of fruity/light perfume or room spray around your sheets. If you use warmer/darker scents like vanilla or amber or woodsy scents, that will enhance the sweatiness of the sheets (shhh it’s science)
- If all else fails, you jump onto bed and you feel gross, change your sheets and wash your sheets.
LET ME TELL YOU A STORY ABOUT EMILY. emily, once upon a time, followed me. and then boston got bombed and I could NOT deal with anythig going on but I coudln’t leave my computer it was the worst it was so horrible. and then this BEAUTIFUL WONDERFUL KIND BRILLIANT GIRL sends me a message an is like yo gimme your number I’ll text you if anyting happens get off the computer go take care of yourself
THAT IS THE KDIN OF WONDERFUL PERSON EMILY IS. SHE IS KIND AND CARING AND GENTLE AND SWETE AND BRILLIANT AND AMAIZNG AND we’ haven’t been friends fro THAT long but I LOVE HER and we’re gonan bake bread together oned ay