Tumblr is de plek waar tientallen miljoenen creatieve mensen van over de hele wereld de dingen delen en volgen die ze te gek vinden.Registreer je om nog meer gave dingen te vinden die je kunt volgen
Yes, Virginia, there really is an objective reality
History is written by the winners. OK, I can deal with that; in fact it makes perfect sense. But that said, I’m not against the losers recording history from their side of things, as long as it’s based on actual primary sources and first-hand accounts of the times. However, when the descendants of the losers show up decades or centuries later and, against all logic and evidence, try to rewrite history to suit their current political agenda and justify their bitterness and resentment, well I’ve got some issues with that—especially when they try to invalidate the existing historical accounts and records and make shit up based on scanty or non-existent evidence.
Here are some general thoughts/observations:
- Jews didn’t build the pyramids—Egyptians built the pyramids
- Ancient Egyptians were not, for the most part, a black people
- American Indians were not nonviolent, peace-loving, ecologically minded children of nature—they were as violence prone as most members of the human race and committed more than their fair share of atrocities against others, both European and non-European
- Most of the Indians who died after European contact fell victim to the inadvertent spread of disease, not “genocide.” (FYI: There’s only one recorded instance of the British giving smallpox infected blankets to Indians—in 1763, during war the Indians initiated with the British after the Great Lakes tribes and their French allies were defeated in the French and Indian war [1754-1763]. Two blankets were given to a small delegation of Indians who were part of the force besieging Fort Pitt—near present-day Pittsburgh. There’s no record of any outbreak of illness related to that event.)
- Mozart wasn’t black
- Slaves didn’t “build America”—Americans of all races built America
- Genghis Khan conquered about 22% of the Earth and killed more than 40 million people—including full deliberate genocides of some groups—and the Black Death, which killed 75-100 million people in Europe, is now thought to have made its way to Europe from Asia along the Mongol Empire’s trade routes, yet no one whines about the Mongols genociding Europeans.
- Marxism/Socialism/Communism has been responsible for the deliberate deaths of more than 100 million people worldwide—the majority in the USSR and China—making this general political philosophy the most destructive sociopolitical force in history, but the Left still loves the hell out of it. Think about that the next time you wear your Che Guevara T-shirt.
Leftist Vocabulary Explained
Someone who becomes successful on their own, collectively “oppressors”, a group of people who become more successful than another group, under their own power
Being born an Oppressor, even if you are dirt poor and thick as a brick. As an Oppressor, anything negative done to you is beneficial to Oppressed Peoples.
Anyone with standards
Victim of Oppression
Someone who has either lower standards than the Oppressors or no standards at all, who is less successful due to this.
Anyone who doesn’t love everyone due to standards
Anyone who notices that just as individuals differ, groups of similar individuals have aggregate differences
In context - “Barney said the Jamaicans were a pretty chill people last night, I told him he better watch the racist stereotypes or I’d tell our Sociology professor”
Anyone who is OK with society having standards of behaviour
Anyone who doesn’t agree that anything men can do on aggregate, women can do just as well if not better
People who think sexual differences aren’t purely cosmetic, and should be used when judging suitability for employment, partnership, friendship, etc
In context - “That cement mixing company hired our neighbour Ted the powerlifter instead of my darling daughter Susie, I’m going to sue those sexist bastards for every penny they have. I hope Ted puts his back out lifting one of those 50 kilo cement sacks”
A man who looks at a leftist female, or “feminist”
What happens when noone is allowed standards
Anything that puts the individuals feelings before the general wellbeing.
Normally occurs as self gratifying behaviour that would otherwise be considered criminal and/or self destructive, if the victim was not an “Oppressor”. Examples include:
- Taxing productive and resultantly wealthy people to pay for non-productive, violent people. This is “Empowering” for the people receiving the money, as it saves them the trouble of going out and stealing the money anyway.
- Casual sex - Although casual sex destroys the ability to emotionally commit, especially among women as they are normally the vunerable party, the indirect victims are Men, and therefore, Oppressors. “Feminists” are very much in favour of this type of “Empowerment.”
- Hurting white people, for whatever reason, up to and including rape and murder, because they are “Oppressors.” Recent examples of this type of empowerment in the news included getting Justice for Trayvon, a victim of an oppressor.
- Doing soft and/or hard drugs and other self-impairing behaviour - The indirect victim is the people who the costs of treatment are offloaded onto, either your parents or the taxpayers. Seeing as they have more money than you, (even if this was not the case before you bought the drugs), they are therefore Oppressors if they don’t give you the money.
Taxing the hardworking, having sex with strangers, hurting white people and doing drugs all make Oppressed Peoples - the unemployed and criminal, feminists, blacks and hippies, Feel Better momentarily, and therefore are all behaviours that are Empowering.
Putting aside your own standards and values for the sake of someone elses feelings, regardless of the consequences. George Zimmerman is a good example of a failure to maintain a tolerant attitude.
Having preferences about what type of people you come across in life.
A sincere desire to enrich the Oppressed at the expense of the Oppressor, through any means necessary. Normally, this motivation comes from an undying hatred of Privileged peoples, because they are Privileged.
For example, a person who is loving and tolerant will hate white people, no matter how successful they are, because they are Oppressors. This hatred is entirely justified due to the injustice of aggregate differences.
A fictional, dystopian hell on Earth. The hallmark of a 1984 society is denying the truth in favour of dogma. Leftists believe they are fighting against the possibility of 1984, when in fact, they are struggling towards it. Leftists constantly “check their Privilege”, that is to say, suppress any thoughts that do not conform to the Oppressor/Oppressed paradigm.
Any acceptance of inherent natural differences, property rights, free association etc is by definition Crimethink.
But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He was loving and tolerant.
“What is ‘Cultural Marxism’? It can only be described as the destruction and re-engineering of humanity to fit an ideology, as opposed to the destruction and re-engineering of an ideology to fit humanity. It is one of the most insidious examples of human arrogance, to replace all that is organic and natural with false substitutes of artificial creation. —To cast Western Civilization to the dust-bin, forget the most magnificent cultures of human history, and purge all that has made us great. It is the eradication of mankind’s very identity and spirituality replaced by critical, analytical materialism. It is man’s ultimate rebellion against the ‘iron logic of nature’, against the principles to which he himself owes his existence… and this attack must lead to his own doom.”—
“Let us get it straight: The world is on fire today because people are fighting their governments, not becoming part of them. What is our excuse here in the USA? You will never defeat your enemy by becoming part of the political power structure, and you will never vote the capitalists out of office. They are only too ready to collaborate with any politician, as long as they stay in power. We do not need a "Left-wing version of Obama", or an American Hugo Chavez, we need to be building a movement that is autonomous of the Democrats and Republicans, and bogus "third parties", and that seeks to put power in the hands of the people, and not power-seeking politicians. You do not have to agree, but you will not intimidate us into silence.”—Black Autonomy Federation
So my senior year of high school,
I went through this weird, sparkle-eyed optimism phase. It came from the weirdest thing, too: shortly before the term began, I was watching The Universe on History International and then the protests in Tehran on CNN and MSNBC? And somehow, watching those two things together made me really kind of fall in love with the human race? And I developed a view of the world that was:
- The human race is so fucking amazing. While individual humans are largely unremarkable, we’ve created so much in such a comparatively short span of time: for tiny, insignificant bits of carbon, floating through the universe on an insignificant planet that existed in just a blink of the cosmic eye, so to speak, we have learnt and created and accomplished so much.
- And while people can be small-minded and ignorant, people can also be really amazing, and I think that people are essentially good, because prejudice and cruelty are learnt, not inherent, behaviors; and so even while people can be really, really fucking terrible, I don’t think I could hate anyone, because even though they are, of course, responsible for themselves and their actions, maybe they would have been different if they’d existed in different circumstances.
And then I was really optimistic for, like, a year, and anyone who followed me back then when I wrote a lot more shit myself (but don’t go looking, because some of it’s really douchey) may remember that kind of— there was a metric fuckton of righteous anger, but maybe I wrote about my optimism, too, I don’t remember.
But then I realized that that was really fucking naive.
And I guess there are still traces of that… philosophy, I guess— I’m still kind of in awe of the human race on the whole and I get occasional sparks of pride for being a human when a group of people does something particularly amazing. But, by and large, I’ve sunk back into misanthropy Lite (not complete misanthropy, because I still expect more than I probably should out of people, but).
Because people are small-minded and ignorant and stupid and brutish and selfish and generally awful. I just can’t understand most people— I think that’s why I have so few people who are legitimate friends (instead of that weird area between “acquaintance” and “friend”) and why they all seem to be the same sort of person: because people who don’t fulfill specific criteria just baffle me, or at least I can’t connect with them. And I think the friends I have are the greatest friends in the world and some of the bitchinest people and if more people would be like them, the world would suck a whole lot less.
But the fact of the matter is that my friends are extraordinary individuals and they wouldn’t be nearly so extraordinary if everyone were that extraordinary.
And I love knowing things— being aware of shit, you know? But sometimes it’s really hard, because I’m just continually losing my faith in humanity and it’s hard to lose faith in something that you want so badly to believe in. Not to say, of course, that my disillusionment is worse than the shit I’m aware of, because it’s certainly not; and not to say that I’d give all my knowledge back, because I’d rather know, in the end.
But it’s so daunting: there’s so much wrong and if people would just be fucking rational and not-shitty like I know they can be, then things would be so much better for everyone; but people will never be rational and not-shitty, and so people have to fight for shit, and why is it so hard to just be cool to other people? And how will anything ever be okay, if people are just going to keep being like this?
But I guess you have to believe that things will stop sucking someday, even if you aren’t there to see it.
And on a somewhat related note: when I was being really optimistic, I was much more tolerant of others and I tried really hard to be more moderate, politically, because I thought being too leftist would discredit my opinion and I thought that everyone had a right to an opinion and that opinions couldn’t be wrong.
But opinions can be wrong: if your opinion is hurting others, you opinion is wrong and you need to shut the fuck up.
I feel such a personal kind of resentment for anti-choice people or anti-LGBT* people or racist people or pro-war people and any number of other people: your opinions are hurting others and you need to stop. It doesn’t matter to me how nice you may be: I resent you for your opinion because it’s shitty and hurting people. And I feel a little bad for snapping at the girl trying to give me anti-choice shit on my way to class, but then I remember that she is trying to restrict the rights of millions of people she’s never met to do whatever the fuck they want with their bodies, and even if she doesn’t think of it that way or doesn’t think she is, that’s what she’s doing and she deserves to be snapped at because of it.
(But then I think that maybe she just doesn’t know— but she also probably doesn’t want to know, and so I’m back at square one.)
And being leftist is nothing to be ashamed of and being far to the left is not, in and of itself, an indication of irrationality: rationality presents itself most readily to the left, it seems, and I can make a damn good argument, if I do say so myself.
Maybe that’s some kind of elitist. Maybe it’s this— militant, would you call it?— position that has my mother thinking that my ideas are over-blown and ridiculous.
But, you know what? I don’t fucking care.
Get over it? Get over my foot up your ass.
I think it’s ironic that so many people will say “Dude! 9/11 happened, like 11 years ago! Get over it!” and many of these same people will, in the next breath talk about how awful Hiroshima and Nagasaki were, or how bad slavery was, etc. And don’t even make a peep about Salvador Allende, because yes, I know about it.
I’m not saying that people who haven’t been affected should have a license to act mopey all day today, but god damn me if these “get over it” types aren’t flat-out hypocrites.
I wonder if these same people, many of them sympathetic with “social justice” and feminism would tell someone to get over a sexual act of violence on a woman that happened 11 years ago.