Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
So, I don’t think I give Brisbane the credit it deserves. A few days ago I was complaining that I was sick of it and had to go somewhere else just for a change of scenery. I felt really bored.
Last night Claire and I caught up in the city.
- Went to the book launch of The Casuals by Sally Breen at the State Library
- Ate delicious mexican food and shared hilarious moments from our past of intoxication and infatuation
- Sampled most of Kerbside’s pretty-bottled ciders between us
- Discussed well-mannered gentlemen, and how their gallantry is hard to deal with, but appreciated
- Went to the Black Bear Lounge and obsessed over (well at least I did) the amazing wood smell that filled the place, and the beautiful lillies we saw.
- Laughed at ourselves and eachother because of our pet hates
- Bantered with my dad and intoxicated sister in the car
I had an awesommme night and realised Brisbane isn’t as boring as I had thought a few days ago. In saying that, I had great company so that definitely would have helped!
Thought, next time, I think I might reconsider how much cider I will drink, I felt pretty off this morning for some reason. The cider was delicious though!
A good write up on my new fav Brisbane bar