“In the final analysis, the term "Judeo-Christian" is nothing less than a blatant coup d’état, a forced misappropriation onto the face of a new religion of what rightfully belongs to a much older one. The term “Judeo-Christian” is therefore not only an oxymoron, it is outright sacrilegious, a dishonor to the millions of Jews who were tortured or killed for their refusal to convert to Christianity, and, by association, wrongfully links the Jewish people and its ancient scriptures as accomplices to centuries of Christian slaughter and oppression of other indigenous peoples as well via Christianity’s sorely misguided and misapplied interpretation of the “Old Testament.”—Gershon Winkler, The Judeo-Christian Fiction (2008) Lulu Press.
Basic Jewish Shit
Because so many of you on this website insist on running your silly-ass mouths without bothering to even hit Google first.
- The Jewish people are an ethnoreligious group. That means an ethnic group with a religion attached. Judaism is the ethnic religion of the Jewish people. Converts are adopted into the Tribe.
- The three “main” subdivisions are Ashkenazi, Sephardi, and Mizrahi. These divisions refer to Eastern Europe, Western Europe, and the Middle East, respectively. Other sub-groups also exist, such as Beta Israel, Gorski, Bukharian, etc.
- THESE DIVISIONS ARE NOT RACIAL OR COLOUR DIVISIONS.
- They are GEOGRAPHIC and CULTURAL distinctions that are the direct result of forced exiles, ethnic cleansings, and genocides.(Depending on the frame of reporting/issues, they can take on ethnic connotations, but this is not the norm.)
- Jews come in many colours. There are white-skinned Ashkenazim, Sephardim, and Mizrahim. This is not uncommon.
- Jews come in many colours. There are brown-skinned Ashkenazim, Sephardim, and Mizrahim. This is not uncommon.
- Jews come in many colours. There are black Jews who are NOT Beta Israel. There are black Ashkenazim, Sephardim, and Mizrahim. This is not uncommon.
- ALL JEWS TRACE THEIR ETHNIC ORIGIN TO THE MIDDLE EAST.
- If you are a gentile and you have a problem with this list, fuck off.
Anon Asked: Do You Know Any Good Blogs For Queer People of Faith?
Yes Anon there are several good ones here on tumblr and elsewhere!
Queer Faith is a blog that is for many different religions, though the most posts are for Christianity.
Believe Out Loud is a tumblr and activism group that strives to end Biphobia, Transphobia and Homophobia in Christianity and at their main website you can find an LGBT welcoming church in your area!
JLGBT is a Jewish blog and community organization dedicated to creating a welcoming Jewish community for all people. Their blog contains resources to print and hand out!
BiMuslims is a yahoo group created specifically for Bi Muslims or Muslims who are questioning their sexuality and need a safe space
Queer Sangha NYC is a Buddhist organization designed to create a safe and affirming space for LGBT people to practice meditation and Buddhism.