Five major scandals the media isn't obsessing about
Are these things more important than edits to talking points? Judge for yourself.
1. Carbon pollution reaches historic highs, threatening human existence
2. The devastating impact of sequestration on kids, cancer patients and first responders.
3. Massive cuts to food stamps for the most vulnerable.
4. 1,100 workers die in a Bangladesh factory collapse, and American retailers continue business as usual.
5. 4,150 gun deaths from gun violence since Newtown.
“But whereas being a female reporter was once synonymous with tenacity, superior intellect, and wit, today's fictional female reporter serves as shorthand for new media reporter/blogger: young, naïve, and morally bankrupt.”—Hollywood’s utter failure to accurately portray female journalists - The Week
Reblog this if you play video games
I need to get interviews for my Journalism Class. Whoever reblogs this and has their ask/submit open, I’ll put two sets of questions in: one for you, another for your parents. (Second isn’t mandatory, but greatly appreciated!) If they can be answered by Sunday, April 27, at 6 PM, that’d be great!