Follow posts tagged #jon niese in seconds.Sign up
Summary of recent Mets news:
- Multiple reports indicated that Wright was offered a 6-year OR 7-year, $100 million contract, which he reportedly rejected.
- Followed by reports that the offer was upped to 7 years, $135-$140 million.
- With later reports saying that neither was true.
- Reports are now saying that David Wright was officially offered a 7-year $124 million contract and it is the final offer from the Mets. The contract is reportedly backloaded, so he will earn most of the money at the end of the contract.
- Royals are in need of starting pitching and they have Dickey on their radar. They are not willing to give up a top major league ready prospect in return for the Cy Young winner.
- Mets and Dickey are still discussing a two-year extension. They are open to trade him if that deal can’t be reached.
- Dickey wants to retire in a Mets uniform.
- Dickey is going to India with his family to work on the charitable organization, Bombay Teen Challenge, which rescues young girls from human trafficking.
- Niese is getting married in January
- Jon Niese has been brought up numerous times in conversations of a possible trade for a young major league ready prospect, preferably an outfielder.
- Many feel that Niese is an untouchable and can help the Mets rotation long-term.
- Niese thinks David Wright is the Mets equivalent of Chipper Jones.
- Niese will have his heart ablation surgery (which he was supposed to have during the 2012 All-Star break) shortly before Christmas.