Top 10 Things Kony2012 Haters Point Out!
Top Ten Things Kony2012 Haters Point Out:
- The Invisible Children Charity, only gives a small percentage of the people of Uganda, Africa.
- Kony was chased out of Uganda, and hasn’t been active there since 2006.
- The Kony2012 video was misleading, containing inaccuracies and exaggerations.
- Africa problems should be solved by Africans. That’s how they want it and look how our presence in Afghanistan has worked out.
- The Kony2012 Film, calls for people to believe in the invasion of Africa and the invading US Military as a force of good, by playing to our emotions and causing otherwise politically inactive people to call for military intervention.
- There is oil in Africa, particularly on the border of Uganda and Congo, under Lake Albert, 2 billion barrels of it and we want it.
- The US has shown no signs that the 100 military advisers were going to be called back. Rendering the point of the Kony2012 mission moot.
- There are natural minerals and precious metals in Africa, highly desirable, particularly for the manufacturing of electronics.
- The LRA is not 30,000 strong, but more like a few hundred at best.
- The Kony2012 viral sensation video, makes no mention of the Ugandan president of 26 years, Yoweri Museveni, even though it was against his rule, that the LRA formed and he is partially responsible for the Second Congo War and the deaths of over 5 million people. It is to this regimes military that all the money Invisible Children does donate, goes.
Why are people so against the Kony thing?
People are saying that the Kony thing is a scam and he is dead. I don’t believe it for one second because 1. it would have been all over the news since he’s been the number 1 war criminal in the world since 2005 2. That’s what he wants you to think so you stop looking for him. I’ve done my research and I don’t need anybody tell me otherwise unless you can prove it. Even if noone has seen him since 2009 doesn’t mean he is dead. No one had seen Bin Laden for years and many assumed him dead but guess what? He was found last May and was killed. Jeez Don’t always believe what you read(at least what those who don’t believe Kony to be alive). Also Ofcourse they have to use some of the money they make to pay their staff, noone works around the clock for free for years. That’s what the T-shirt money goes to duh! What do you have to say about that?
To the critics of Invisible Children and KONY 2012:
Please read the organization’s response to the criticisms. This is a very informative explanation, correction, and justification of many of the things they’re being criticized for. From the low Accountability rating on Charity Navigator, and the photo of the founders holding guns, to the (baseless) idea that they want a full-scale invasion of Uganda.
I’ve seen a lot of people saying that we should look at both sides before jumping on a bandwagon, and I now have. I’ve examined IC’s cause, their intentions, and their accountability, as well as that of those criticizing them, and I’ve come to the conclusion that Invisible Children is a respectable cause, and one that I will continue to support.
Since you’re all so hell-bent on seeing both sides of the issue, its only right that you read IC’s response to their critics.