Follow posts tagged #international polar bear day in seconds.Sign up
I'm a polar bear. Are you?
It’s International Polar Bear Day on Monday 27 February!
A whole day dedicated to raising awareness of this super cool species.
The polar bear is dependent on sea ice for its survival, but climate change is causing drastic reductions in the extent of ice cover across the Arctic region, meaning that accessing prey will become more problematic for the polar bear as time goes on.
Please join our campaign to raise awareness about polar bears!
Say “I’m a polar bear too”
Save The Polar Bears
You guys might have already known that we love polar bears. If you didn’t know, now you know… (Do you now have Biggie stuck in your head? I hope so.) I can’t really explain why we like polar bears so much, except for the fact that they’re basically real-life abominable snowmen… er snowbears. And since today is International Polar Bear Day, we wanted to share two things with you:
- A free song.
- A list of simple things you can do to help save the polar bears (mostly from Polar Bear International).
- • Bundle up and turn down the heat at your house.
- • Spring for a water heater blanket.
- • If you need to drive, begin a “No Idle” habit, by turning off your engine when waiting in a long line of cars.
- • Carpool/take the bus/run/walk/bike… or use some other form of transportation when you can.
- • Recycle. Sometimes there aren’t any recycling bins nearby, but then I think to myself, “What about the polar bears?” Then I decide to hold on to my nasty empty can of sugar-free Red Bull until I finally see one. Maybe that’ll work for you too.