Follow posts tagged #inconvenient in seconds.Sign up
- What is it that draws us to people who seem to be the most inconvenient person sometimes, like Henry, when most other times there's someone else like Benjamin who lives so much closer, is much more positive, is much easier to figure out and doesn't mind that we know who they really are, who is more then willing to take the time to get to know us, who doesn't lead his life as if he's got something to hide from us. When he's not just social, but he's personable, and polite and sensitive. He doesn't let people push him around, but doesn't need to be rude about it.
- Why do we chose Henry when Benjamin makes us feel like the beautiful young ladies that we are, all of the time. Why do we always choose the project over what's ideal? What is it about Henry's complicated, borderline sociopathic, asshole behaviour that draws us to him?
- Perhaps the same thing that draws poor Benjamin to Jessica, and perhaps thats why we go for Henry's. Because all of the Jeasica's, who are the 'worst kind of people' have stolen all of our Benjamin's. But instead of settling, why aren't we the strong, independent women our mothers raised us to be, and show Benjamin that he's who we really want? Because there's always something about the Henry, like Benjamin with Jessica, that we just cannot get over.
- Please get back to me once you've stopped babbling like a psycho, and have your head on straight.
- Much love,
- Ps, ahh being a teenager. Cannot wait to graduate!
God uses everything for our best. He uses things that may seem inconvenient for us but rest assured that He using it to help us grow, become stronger, become wiser, and become like His Son Jesus Christ. Hang in there, yes it may seem hard but God is with you wherever you go and whatever you are going though. Focus on Him. God bless you!
Photo courtesy of travel blog Mats Vadjian
Ever notice how we get into the habit of following others, sometimes to our peril. On a trip to the North American International Auto Show after being on the road for several hours I was in urgent search of a restroom. There were huge lines at all the restrooms and I thought “I can’t wait”…..so noticing a set of steps in the middle of the corridor I thought “there’s got to be restrooms up there”, I ventured up and amazingly there was a restroom immediately off the steps with NO ONE in it. Why was no one there, well, it was slightly unobvious, everyone else was waiting where the line was, no one bothered to look for another one, and some people were probably put off by the idea of having to walk up one whole flight of steps.
This phenomenon exists around us everyday. Everyone else is fighting for mediocrity which means there is plenty of room at the top. Whether it is doing what you want, doing something different, or excelling in business. You only need to look around instead of staring at the backs of others in line. By the way, I don’t recommend attempting this at theme parks as line-jumping is not a sport. I digress but you get what I mean.
Are you following the pack or are you searching for alternatives or better ways to accomplish your goals? How many “almost obvious” opportunities are you currently missing out on or unnecessarily delaying your goals?