My two cents on rape culture since it seems to be the popular topic tonight on my dash.
I always supported the anti-rape culture stuff but I never fully understood it until i first hand saw people’s stupidity.
Over a year ago I made some unwise choices that resulted in me getting molested. After said incident the guy went around telling all our friends that there was stuff about that night that nobody knew, including me. I was sure that I remembered everything but he had me concerned that I didn’t so I finally talk to him about it. After we discussed the whole night in detail (winner for most awkward, uncomfortable conversation ever) I came to the conclusion that i was right, there was nothing i didn’t remember. I, many times before this had tried to explain to him what he had done but he’d always reply with lines like ‘you wanted it’ (where he got that from considering all i did was lay there i don’t know and he knew for a fact that i wasn’t okay with doing anything.)
After this long, unfun conversation where i finally made him see/admit what he had done. we continued the conversation just a little bit more and i gave him the advice to keep in mind that ‘consent’ is a verbal, sober yes. I always thought this was common knowledge, but his reaction to this advice, apparently it is not.
I met her in the most obscure place, when the sun met the moon for the first time and the moon said: “Sun, you hurt my eyes” and the sun just smiled and said: “Keep them closed, you are so beautiful and I am nothing”.
We were pulled towards one another, like the moon pulls the tide and we began to explore each other, with kindergarden curiosity, turning into something so raw, that when her clothes dropped to the ground for the first time, I stood in awe looking at this creature that, with every flawless feature, brought tears to my eyes forming a glistening beck, from my cheek, to my jaw, to my neck and I lost my breath.
Every time she caresses me, her fingers burn through my skin, her touch lingers on my body like the scent of her in my hair the morning after. I want my fingertips to melt into her skin, let me swim in her bloodstream, I want to hide in her rib cage, feel her, from the inside.
As her gaze catches mine she is slicing through me, with those hazelnut eyes, dissecting my brain, picking at my thoughts, I am an open book, I am hers to keep, to mold, to ravish, to hold. To be everything and give everything.
Her tongue is sliding across her lips, like a naked body on silk sheets, slithering into the warm cavity of my mouth. We breathe each others breaths. I etch a billets-doux on her back as she presses her head on my breast, listens closely to the beat of my heart, beating out of my chest, in to her soul.
And her smell, her touch, her taste, every crevice of her body, like opium, is lifting me into an euphoric state. And in that sempiternal moment of bliss, the world around us could collapse, crumble, crash and shatter, breaking like glass, and it would still be magnificent.
Hey guys leave me some numbers in my ask box and i'll answer them! Don't be shy ;)
- 1: Did you know your sexy?
- 2: When did you discover how hot u were
- 3: One a scale of one to ten, how hot is a model compared to you?
- 4: Why so beautiful
- 5: Do you ever look and the mirror and cry tears of joy
- 6: Did you fall from heaven?
- 7: How do you have such lushious skin?
- 8: Is being so sexy even possible?
- 9: How be hot
- 10: Were you born so beautiful?
- 11: Pls tell me how to be as sexy as you
- 12: is hosexeautigorgepretty a word bc I think that would describe you
- 13: You're name should be next to the word sexy in the dicctionary
- 14: I wnt to impress my bf how can I be as sexy as u?
- 15: Do you have nice butt
- 16: Are your from Tenessee becaus you''re the only ten i see
- 17: Why is you're skin so flawless?
- 18: My lust for you is never-ending
- 19: I think I've seen you n a victoria secret magazine was that u?
- 20: Why do you have such a voluptuous boobies?
- 21: Is it weird that i daydream about you night and day
- 22: When I see you I cry everytim
- 23: why does your beauty blind my eyes?
- 24: No really do you have hot butt
- 25: Girl from over here your butt looks soft maybe if i can touch it i can tell if its soft
- 26: s EXy
- 27: Can you give me some tips on how to be as gorgeous as you?
- 28: Would you ever give me a carwash with ur bikini?
- 29: Ooh why are your teeth so white like tiny pearls
- 30: If sexyology was a study of sexy and i was a scientist i would use u as my test subject
- 31: You should write a book on how to be as hot as you
- 32: Wow your hotness leaves me speechless
- 33: I should be doing my homework but instead I'm looking at picture s of you??
- 34: Can anyone like me reach your level of hotness?
- 35: Do you have siblings that are jealous of ur looks?
- 36: Are you single because I think you and I should mingle
- 37: can you visit me so I can touch your butt
- 38: Sometimes i write fanfiction and I can envision the main female character as you?
- 39: Are you a cutie with a nice booty?
- 40: You are a cutie with a nice booty
- 41: If you were a boy, you'd be a sexy boy
- 42: I tried taking pills to increase my hotness but I still don't look like you???
- 43: Is your life like a shoujou anime
- 44: What is the number one trick to have a body like yours?
- 45: Did god spill a little bit extra sexiness in when he made you?
- 46: please give me some of your hot please
- 47: leg so hot. hot hot leg. Leg so hot u fry an egg
- 48: are you from ireland becuse my penis is dublin
- 49: Do I even have to ask y ur so sexy
- 50: hot hot hot as a tater tot?
It really hurts my heart and my spirit whenever I see something negative about Amber Riley. As a fan of hers, it really makes me think that if people are saying such nasty things about her, I don’t wanna know what others are saying about myself and my appearance.
And may I add that as someone who is currently in recovery for an eating disorder and to see these words about one of the celebs that I look up to just fucking hurts and is triggering as fuck.
Why I am a "Heterophobe"
It seems to me like every conversation about homophobia has some pedantic asshole who tries to derail the debate with “homophobia is an inaccurate term! They’re not afraid of gay people, they just disapprove of them.” Okay, whatever. Way to stray from the topic.
But because Tumblr loves its dictionary definitions, here’s the very first one I found with google on merriam-webster.com: “Definition of Homophobia: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals.”
There you have it folks, I can use the dictionary too to talk about discrimination and it says that merely discriminating against gay people (i.e. voting against their rights or supporting such actions) is homophobia.
Now let’s talk about “heterophobia”. Personally, I think it’s a silly term that has been used to silence LGBT people. However, going along with that same logic of “PHOBIA = FEAR” that cis-heterosexual people like to talk about, I guess you could say I am indeed a “heterophobe”.
I am scared of non-queer people I don’t know. One little slip up can cause me to be beaten or killed. This is especially true of trans* WoC who are the majority of individuals being murdered in all LGBT related violence. And just expressing light PDA in public is ALWAYS met with murmurs and stares and sometimes people yelling and honking at you. I am fucking terrified. I am not assuming people are homophobic just to be mean and discriminatory, I do it FOR MY OWN SURVIVAL. It is a survival technique that many minorities use. So no, being scared of straight people is NOT ANYTHING LIKE being scared of gay people.
If this makes me “just as bad” and a “mean queer” in your eyes than so be it. Until then, I have very little options.