Follow posts tagged #how to care for introverts in seconds.Sign up
HOW TO CARE FOR INTROVERTS
* Respect their need for privacy.
* Never embarrass them in public.
* Let them observe first in new situations.
* Give them time to think. Don’t demand instant answers.
* Don’t interrupt them.
* Give them advanced notice of expected changes in their lives.
* Reprimand them privately.
* Teach them new skills privately rather than in public.
* Do not push them to make lots of friends.
* Respect their introversion. Don’t try to remake them into extraverts.
Introverts are wired differently from extraverts and they have different needs. Extraverts get their energy from interaction with people and the external world. Introverts get their energy from within themselves; too much interaction drains their energy and they need to retreat from the world to recharge their batteries.
Contrary to public opinion, success in life is not dependent upon extraversion. (x)
‘Hell is other people at breakfast’ — Sartre