the reason why stories about supernatural/not-normal-humans/not humans (for lack of a better term) being marginalized for their not being “normal” humans/being non-human cast white people as marginalized
is because the general theme tends to be about how they should be treated better and have their personhood respected
and placing non white people in the role as beings who should be treated with respect and dignity goes against the status quo
1. we lay on the hood of your car; the sky seeps from black to icy blue. I watch breath escape from your lips and shiver. you lay your jacket over my arms, mistaking the shiver for cold.
2. I get used to the smell of gunpowder until it’s cinnamon, and blood is honey.
3. darkness isn’t something that swallows anymore, but something revelatory. you burn out of it and melt into it until it has more colors than the day.
4. didn’t we always know monsters were real? they’re never quite what we expect, though. the throat that howls is you and the teeth that tear our wounds never leave marks that anyone else can see.
5. your hands are bigger than mine but feel smaller.
6. you pray in silence and I pray in heartbeats, and somehow we’re both on our knees.
7. there are gaps in my ribcage that I was never aware of until the stillness left in your wake.
8. there’s a day when you get angry, and rather than being afraid, all I do is watch your mouth as it makes new shapes.
9. you never ask for anything, so I try to give you everything. we fill in the hollows however we can, and scraps of paper become sacred.
10. the first time I see you cry, I never want to look upon the sea again.
Hi hi hello! I know everyone’s tired of these posts but whatever I don’t care tbh. (ok maybe I do a little…) But I’m knew here and I have only one follower…lol. I’m on the road to fame tbh. So if you reblog or like this I’ll follow you and we can be friends. I’ll make your day shine brighter than the sun in the morning at 1pm I promise okok. Thanks yayy.
i found one of my sketchbooks today
it had my notes for kots and other half-baked story ideas
and I just realised that ‘Roomies’ is just the aftermath of KOTS if the bad shit didn’t happen.
other story ideas (tim-centric for the most part) included
- tim in a coma and cass dumping him in a lazarus pit
- cass falling for steph and tim helping her try to woo batgirl
- tim falling for kon and cass helping him try to woo superboy
- a fic where bruce suspends tim from active duty for a year so that he can figure what he wants to do with his life
- a fic where tim becomes nightwing
- atla-based batfam
- fic where cass meets jason on the street for the first time, and they fight crime and have coffee together.
- arkham city based fic idea, where cass is a the ninja in the tank in the museum.
- another arkham city based fic, involving tim as robin, kidnapped by harley a la revenge of the joker. involves more or less all of the family.
- any number of catlad fics
- a fic where cassie comes out, kon is confused and rather hurt, tim is upset with kon’s behaviour because he’s closeted and what cassie did was brave, everyone is fighting, and bart just wants everything to be okay again.
GUYS GUYS GUYS
after school i went to a café with friends bc yay spring break!!!
and afterwards we went to a book shop bc i wanted to buy a book yay
but i bought another book instead??? bc i saw it and i was like ‘wait what kind of pseudonym is that’ and then ‘omg a book written by a chinese author translated into bulgarian OMF???’ BUT I CAN’T FIND ANYTHING ABOUT HIM IN ENGLISH OMG is cara asleep yet or can i ask her to tell me how to transcribe his name into the latin alphabet omfg all i found out from the back of my book is that this is his blog’s url but everything is in chinese and i’m majorly confused but also interested omgggg i wanna know more