Follow posts tagged #holiday desserts in seconds.Sign up
peppermint & white chocolate macarons
*drool* how awesome do these look! macarons are also a super nice holiday addition to the desert table if you’re looking to do something rather than traditional pies or cakes. these light little fluffy nuggets of happiness are also a great with a cup of homemade hot chocolate.
**note be prepared to dedicate a whole day to these puppies!
Peppermint Macaron Shells
1 1/3 cup almond flour
3 cups powdered sugar
6 large egg whites, left out, uncovered overnight
½ Cup + 2 TBSP granulated sugar
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
Red Food Coloring (optional)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and have a pastry bag with a plain tip (about 1/2-inch, 2 cm) ready. Using a pencil, draw 1-inch circles approximately 1-inch apart on your parchment paper.
In a food processor, blend the almond flour and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
In a stainless-steel bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs whites on high speed until they are foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, peppermint extract and about 20-30 drops of red food coloring to the egg whites and continue to beat until it forms a stiff meringue.
Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold the almond flour/powdered sugar mixture into the meringue in a couple additions. Blend by scopping batter up from the bottom and pressing it against the sides of the bowl. Do this a few times until well incorporated.
Fill pastry bag with the batter and carefully dispense into your drawn circles. Once the tray is filled, rap the baking sheet on the counter to help settle the batter. Let tray sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes so that a slight crust forms on each shell.
Bake at 375 F for 9-12 minutes, until the shells are slightly crisp on top. Allow to cool before removing from the trays. Repeat, one tray at a time until you’ve used up the batter. Make sure you use a new piece of parchment at least every other batch to assure smooth and round shells.
White Chocolate Ganache
2/3 cup heavy cream
10 oz good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
1 ½ TBSP unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into 3 pieces
Put the white chocolate in a heat proof bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a boil, then pour over the chocolate. Using a whisk or rubber spatula, stir together until smooth. Once smooth, stir in the butter. Place the bowl over a larger bowl filled with ice water, stirring constantly until ganache is thick enough to pipe cleanly. Work quickly, as the ganache will begin to harden again. If this happens, you can set the bowl over a simmering pot of water and stir it until smooth-then repeat the cooling process.
Peppermint Chocolate Macaron Assembly
Pair your cooled macaron shells into like sizes; I recommend you do this before making the ganache filling. Fill a piping bag fitted with a wide, round tip with your white chocolate ganache. Carefully pipe filling onto the flat side of one shell, leaving about 3mm space from the edges. Pick up your filled shell and its empty pair, and place them together, gently twisting as you press.
Store your macarons in the refrigerator. This allows the filling to soak into the shells and give them that distinct chewy bite. They’re best enjoyed the following day, brought to room temperature.
Healthier Holiday Desserts! (Fall/ Christmas edition!)
Tis the season! <3
So yesterday I did a post about Healthier Holiday Drinks, reference here.
So today, I thought I would do a Healthier Holiday Desserts page!
Although many (if not all!) Holiday desserts are delicious and heartwarming, many (if not all!) are also packed with tons of sugar, fat and calories!
I’ve compiled a list of a ton of healthy holiday desserts to get you through the season without compromising any of the flavour! (please note there are a ton of the same named recipes but that is because they are from different blogs and all are different in one way or another!) :
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Pumpkin and Cream Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Pie Banana Chunk Cookies (vegan, soy free, low sugar, nut free option!)
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies (vegan, no bake and gluten free option!)
- Nutty Pumpkin Chip Cookies (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Gingerbread with Spiced “Buttercream” (vegan, soy free, nut free option!)
- Harvest Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls (vegan!)
- Pumpkin “Cheesecake” Mousse
- Pumpkin Pie Mousse (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Mousse (vegan and soy free!)
- Rich Pumpkin Custard (diabetic friendly and low fat!)
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Mousse Shooters
- Brownie Pumpkin Pie with a Crunchy Pecan Topping (vegan!)
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie (vegan and can be gluten free!)
- 2 Minute Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream (vegan!)
- Protein Packed Pumpkin Cheesecake Icecream
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Icecream (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Butter (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Butter (vegan and all natural!)
- Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake (vegan, gluten and grain free, soy free, refined-sugr free and almost raw!)
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- “3 for 100” Mini Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Glo Bites (vegan, soy free and nut free!)
- Mini Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecakes
- Pumpkin Pie Peanut Butter Cups (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Tarts with Vanilla Glaze (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Dip
- Pumpkin Frosting Shots (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip (vegan and can be sugar free!)
- Pumpkin Fruit Dip
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars (vegan and gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars (vegan and can be gluten free!)
- Pumpkin Pie Granola (nut free!)
- Pumpkin Butter Oat Squares with Candied Pecans (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix (vegan!)
- Moist Pumpkin Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin Muffins (vegan!)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Spiced Donuts (vegan, soy free and nut free!)
- Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts
- Pumpkin Pudding (vegan!)
- Pumpkin Pudding Parfait (vegan!)
- Creamy Pumpkin Trifle
- Monster Mint-Chocolate Cupcakes (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies (vegan and raw!)
- Homemade Thin Mints (vegan and gluten free!)
- Skinny Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
- Peppermint Stick and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge Pops (vegan!)
- Candy Cane Blizzard (vegan!)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream (vegan!)
- Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
- Thin Mint Brownies (vegan and raw!)
- Cosmic Chocolate Peppermint Patties (vegan and gluten free!)
- Candyland Peppermint Park (vegan and gluten free!)
- Peppermint Patty Bars (no bake, vegan and gluten free option!)
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle
- Skinny Sugar Cookies (sugar free!)
- Soft Ginger Cookies (vegan and nut free!)
- Hot Chocolate Cookies (vegan!)
- Hot Chocolate Butter (vegan!)
- Sugar Cookie Icecream (vegan!)
- Salted Caramel Brownies
- Mini Eggnog Spice Cake with Creamy Dreamy Frosting (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Cookie Dough Balls (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Butter (vegan!)
- Gingerbread Brownies (gluten free, refined-sugar free, soy free and vegan!)
Valentine's Day Ideas
Valentine’s Day is just a couple weeks away and I have to admit, I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I also can’t seem to get enough of the decorations and ideas that I’ve been seeing. Here are some of my fave decorations, desserts, and DIY ideas.
Hope you all have a great Valentine’s Day and have fun decorating!