So I was in a class last semester called "Fundamentals of Teaching Practice"
And one of the guys suggested that all young male teachers should wear wedding rings. I mean if they aren’t already married to get fake ones. This would be to deter our students crushing on us.
I think it’s an interesting, if not egotistical thought.
What do you guys think?
- History Teacher: Feminism is another vocab word on your list
- Kid in Class: pfft crazy feminism
- History Teacher: Actually feminism today is viewed as a negative thing like you hear someone mention a feminist and people automatically think of a crazy woman when in actuality it's women just wanting to be equal. I've tried joining a couple clubs but they haven't returned my phone call.
- my teacher is male
Things I love to hear
Student 1 (as we are starting to learn about Stalin): Ms. S, why if Stalin killed more people than Hitler have we never heard of him but we know about Hitler?
This led to a very interesting class discussion about how history is told/taught.
flash forward to a couple days ago
Student 2: Ms. S, now that we know about Stalin I’ve been seeing references to him everywhere!
I have done my job. :D
my history teacher came up to me today
- him: so faun are you excited for thor 2?
- me: YESSS I TOTALLY AM LIKE I CANNOT WAIT LIKE OMG
- him: i assume you are excited cause chris hemsworth is in it
- me: CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTION IS GOING TO BE THE VILLAIN
- him: who?
- me: THE NINTH DOCTOR!!!!!
- him: oh riight.. doctor who