Follow posts tagged #heath, #ledger, and #x japan in seconds.Sign up
The 30 Day Squat Challenge
Squats are the devil. They burn like hell. But they’re one of the most effective exercises you can do. They tone the lower body, especially the butt, hips, and thighs. And what’s great about them is that they can be done anywhere, without any equipment. They don’t make any sound (unless you groan!) and can even be done in heels or skinny jeans - I’ve done both. Which means you can do squats at home, at work, or at school. So here’s what I’m proposing:
For the month of April, every time you go to the bathroom, you have to do 10 squats immediately after. 10 may not seem like a lot, but if you’re drinking as much water daily as you’re supposed to (2L), well, you’re in for a lot of squats. And if you really want to amp it up, you can do 15 or even 20 squats after each bathroom break, or add 10 sumo squats in addition to the 10 regular (chair) squats. But that’s not a requirement. As long as you do 10, you’re gold. Squats can be done in small spaces, so you can do them in public washroom stalls, and no one has to be the wiser!
How to do squats:
- Start with your feet slightly wider than hip-width apart, feet parallel and toes pointing forward.
- Tighten and pull in your abdominal muscles.
- Slowly lower your body as if you were going to sit in a chair. (Keep your weight on the heels of your feet, and extend your arms straight in front of you for balance.)
- Stop when your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Push from your heels and slowly rise back into a standing position, lowering your arms when you do.
- Repeat 10 times!
Come May we’ll all have toned legs and round little booties - all without even hitting the gym! So, who’s with me? Leave a comment below if you’re doing this challenge with me, and reblog to spread the word.
I’ve actually started yesterday, so I’m two days ahead of the game. But don’t worry, April starts tomorrow, so it’s not too late to begin!