The universe is telling me to follow more blogs!!!!
Pretty please with a cherry on top reblog if you post:
and did I mention:
MISHA FREAKING COLLINS
I follow back, spread the superwholock goodness around please!
Reblog if you post any of these:
•Avatar: The Last Airbender
•Legend Of Korra
•Lord Of The Rings
•Full Metal Alchemist
•Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
•Attack On Titan
Interesting facts about Trelawney'predictions
I know there was already some post about Trelawney, but I just wanted to sum it up.
Her two known prediction that came true both connected to Voldemort:
“It will happen tonight. The Dark Lord lies alone and friendless, abandoned by his followers. His servant has been chained these twelve years. Tonight, before midnight… the servant will break free and set out to rejoin his master. The Dark Lord will rise again with his servant’s aid, greater and more terrible than ever he was. Tonight… before midnight…the servant…will set out…to rejoin…his master….“ (POA )
Pettigrew escapes and rejoins Voldemort and a year later he helps him get his body back
“The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches.…born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies…and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not.…and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.…the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies…” (OOTP)
I don’t think it has to be explained.
Her minor predictions:
- Neville is going to break a tea cup > Neville did break a cup
- Something Lavender Brown was dreading would happen on 16 October > Lavander’s bunny was killed by a fox on 16 October
- Around Easter, one of her students would drop the subject.> Hermione left the Diviation class after an argument with Trelawney around Easter.
- She told Parvati Patil to beware of a red-headed man. Parvati immediately suspected Ron. At the Yule Ball,Harry and Ron, Parvati’s and her sister, Padma’s dates, ignored her and her sister. Two years later, Ronstarted going out with Parvati’s best friend Lavender Brown, who started to ignore Parvati.
- When Dolores Umbridge was appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor during Harry’s fifth year, she insisted that Trelawney demonstrate her abilities by prophesying something. Trelawney replied that she saw dark events ahead for Umbridge, which Umbridge immediately dismissed as nonsense. Later, Umbridge was dragged off and imprisoned by centaurs in the Forbidden Forest.
- In Harry’s sixth year he saw Trelawney coming, and hid from her. As she passed, he saw that she was examining a pack of cards and muttered, “A dark young man, possibly troubled, one who dislikes the questioner.” She dismissed her own words as nonsense, unaware of Harry’s presence or his dislike of her. Later in the year, Harry saw Draco arguing with Snape when he questioned Draco on the progress of his mission for Voldemort.
The big black dog she sees in Harry’s cup either is not the Zordo but represents Sirius, ( the dog star, Sirius’s animagus form ) or is the Zordo, the omen of death looming over Harry till his actual death in 1998.
“Professor Trelawney was now teaching them palmistry, and she lost no time in informing Harry that he had the shortest life line she had ever seen.” GOF
Also Harry dies at 17.
“He therefore had to endure over an hour of Professor Trelawney, who spent half the lesson telling everyone that the position of Mars with relation to Saturn at that moment meant that people born in July were in great danger of sudden, violent deaths. ”Well, that’s good,” said Harry loudly, his temper getting the better of him, “just as long as it’s not drawn-out. I don’t want to suffer.” GOF
Harry’s death scene quite violent but sudden and painless.
13 people at the table:
- At the Christmas lunch, Trelawney at first refused to join the table, since when thirteen dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die. Harry Potter and Ron Weasley got up from the table first together, but Albus Dumbledore was the first among those at the table to die. Also, she did not take into account of Peter Pettigrew, who was at the time disguised as Scabbers the rat, which would in fact count as fourteen people. However, she was right: before getting seated, there were thirteen people at the table (counting Scabbers) and Albus Dumbledore rose to greet her, which confirms that he was the first person to die.
- In 1995, thirteen members of the order dined together, and the first to rise was Sirius, who later died.
- Also, after the Battle of the Seven Potters, thirteen people (Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Fleur, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Lupin, Tonks and Hagrid) gathered in The Burrow to mourn the death of Alastor Moody. Afterwards, Lupin stood up and offered to look for Moody’s dead body. Later in the Battle of Hogwarts, Lupin was killed by Antonin Dolohov. Fred and Tonks were also killed, but as the time of Lupin’s death is unknown, it is possible he was first.
Later Trelawney again met Harry in the corridors, and this time complains that Dumbledore had been repeatedly dismissing her warnings of impending disaster. She looked at some Tarot cards and saw,
“… the lightning-struck tower… Calamity. Disaster. Coming nearer all the time…”.
This seems to predict the events of Dumbledore’s death on the Astronomy Tower. The Lightning-Struck Tower tarot card (The Tower) is generally considered representative of disaster or life-altering change.
“Yes,” said Professor Trelawney, nodding impressively, “it comes, ever closer, it circles overhead like a vulture, ever lower… ever lower over the castle… .” GOF
From Trelawney to Harry:
“You are preoccupied, my dear,” she said mournfully to Harry. “My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. And I regret to say that your worries are not baseless. I see difficult times ahead for you, alas… most difficult… I fear the thing you dread will indeed come to pass… and perhaps sooner than you think…” GOF
Before the class Harry tells Hermione that he is worried about Trelawney’s prophecy about Pettigrew and that Voldemort will return.
“I was saying that Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth…your dark hair…your mean stature…tragic losses so young in life…I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?”
Later on we learn that Voldemort was born in mid winter, and that part of his soul - what Trelawney felt - was in Harry.
My dear, you were undoubtedly stimulated by the extraordinary clairvoyant vibrations of my room!” said Professor Trelawney. “If you leave now, you may lose the opportunity to see further than you have ever -“ GOF
Right after Harry falls aslep and gets a vision about Voldemort.
Harry and Ron’s predictions:
From Harry to Ron ”so you’re going to suffer but be very happy….” POA,
Ron is attackted by Sirius, loses his rat but at the end of the book he is happy because Harry gets back his godfather and it turns out his rat was Pettigrew the traitor.
From Ron to Harry: “There’s a blob a bit like a bowler hat,” he said. “Maybe you’re going to work for the Ministry of Magic…” POA
Harry becames an Auror working for the Ministry.
“‘A windfall, unexpected gold.” POA
Harry wins the Twizadry Tournament and the prize is gold, he inherits Sirius’s gold too.
At the final Divination exam Harry has to look into the crystal ball, he does not see anything but he lies that he can see a hoppogriff flying away free and as we know he frees Buckbeak a few hours later.
Harry and Ron making up their homework:
“I will be in danger of- er - burns.” / “Lose a treasured possession,” / “Why don’t you get stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a friend?” / I think I’ll come off worst in a fight.” / “Okay, I’ll lose a bet.”
During the Triwizard Tournament all the predictions come true: Harry gets burned by the Hungarian Horntail / looses a treasured possesion meaning his friends getting kidnapped by the mermaids / Ron thinks he is a liar and ignores him / looses in a duel against Voldemort / Bagman loses a bet on Harry
- Sybill Trelawney’s great great-grandmother was named Cassandra. In greek In Greek mythology, Cassandra was a princess of Troy. Her beauty caused Apollo to grant her the gift of prophecy. However, when she did not return his love, Apollo placed a curse on her so that no one would ever believe her predictions.=> no one believed in Professor Trelawney’s predictions either.
- Both her name and her surname are related to her future telling ability. “Sibyl” was a priestess in ancient Greek mythology. A sibyl (one “l”) is a woman who could look into the future. A sibyl also can be any female prophet. The name is from the Latin sibylla, seer. While “Trelawney” may come from the oculist and seer Dr. Trelawney, from Anthony Powell’s A Dance to the Music of Time.
sources: Harry Potter Wiki , Harry Potter books