Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Are you going to Huntsville’s HAMACON Minicon November 10??
Well, we are hosting a HAMACON Mincon Can Town Project!
We know this is a big thing going right now and we’d love to contribute to the project!
Bring any canned item. We will be building our own Can Town (the bigger the better!). Even if you’re not a Homestuck fan we’ll gladly take donations and you can help us build.
All of the canned donations will go directly to Huntsville’s downtown rescue mission.
The project will be run by myself (I will be non-painted Aradia!) and Ethan (totally not sure what he’s cosplaying as). The time to gather is yet to be determined! More info will come out the days before the convention.
We hope to see you at HAMACON Minicon!! ♥
Hamacon Minicon SCALEMATE GIVEAWAY!!!!
Hey guys! Rudy here with a brief announcement.
I once made a deal to make a shit ton of scalemates for people, but I’ve forgotten who all wants some!
But since Hamacon Minicon is coming up, I figured I would make more now that I’ve gotten more skilled at sewing them together. That and I have a shit ton of fleece and stuffing and buttons with no use. And besides, who WOULDN’T want Momma Dolorosa to just randomly pop up and give them a cute plush dragon?
SO here’s the deal.
- These scalemates are hand-sewn. No sewing machine. This means that I can’t guarantee perfection. Not like I could in the first place, but you get the point. However, if you want to see two of my previous attempts at making scalemates, check the tag “the great scalemate scandal”. They look a lot cuter in person.
Also, please disregard the first attempt, the red scalemate, which is nicknamed “Ugly”. He’s… special (my sister locks him in the closet where no one can see him. rude).
- I will make SIX SCALEMATES. ONLY SIX. It’ll be first-come, first-serve, based on who all replies to this post, reblogs this post, or sends me a question. If you requested a scalemate from me previously, you do not count on this list. You are getting your scalemate regardless of who else asks for one, you’re already on a separate top-priority list. You’ll just have to remind me what you asked for.
- You MUST be going to Hamacon Minicon in Huntsville on the 10th of November, as that is where you will receive your finished scalemate.
- I will NOT be shipping scalemates to anyone, in Alabama or not. If you live in the Northern Alabama area or around Birmingham, then I might be a little lenient if you miss the con and see if I can deliver it to you in person depending on where you live, but I seriously will NOT BE SHIPPING THEM.
- Any scalemates that are made but not claimed at the con will be KEPT BY ME or DONATED to people at the con, also by first-come, first-serve.
- These scalemates are for free, since they can’t be sold without Hussie’s permission, and also I feel bad about making people pay for stuff I make for fun anyhow. All you have to pay me is your love and friendship. UuU <3
Here is a list of available colors for the fleece (body/belly) of the scalemate. Choose up to 2 colors, and if you choose 2 colors specify which will be the main color and which will be the body. Please do not ask for colors that are not on this list.
- Some of the above colors are in higher “stock” than others (Yellow right now is the most abundant in my fleece stash). I will alert you if I run out of one color of fleece so you can choose an alternative.
Here is a list of button colors for the eyes. Again, some are in higher stock than others.
- Metallic red-pink
- Metallic blue
- Metallic green
- Metallic indigo
- Metallic violet
- Marbled blue (a marbled mixture of a few shades of blue. used on “Ugly”, very beautiful buttons!)
Okay guys! Here’s the list of everybody’s scalemates for hamacon minicon! All of them are either finished or are being sewn tomorrow!
Just so everyone knows who to look for, I’m going to be wearing all white (except maybe some star-spangled converse) and have a white hood on my head with red buttons. Yes. I am going to the con as a scalemate. It’s going to be great.
I will see everybody there! Just remember to look for the funny-looking girl in all white with a strange dragon hood on! It’s going to be fleece and super fluffy, just like your scalemates. Oh man yes gonna be fun.
November 10 problems
Hama-Con Minicon is November 10th.
Reasons I should stay in my area and do something I’m supposed to with school
- AP Lit Saturday session at UAB
- Junior Ambassador Pets on Parade at the local park.
Pretty decent reasons to not go, but I need to go! I miss my Huntsville area people more and I have something I REALLY want to do!
EDIT: I’m pretty sure my excuse for Junior Ambassadors will be I have my AP thing and my reason for my AP thing will be Junior Ambassadors. They’ll both think I’m with the other and BOOM I travel to Huntsville.
So I’ll be going to a con and an asston of people from my school are apparently going, too. IDON’TWANTTHEMTOSEETHISPARTOFME
they don’t know I dress as a male from british television shows in my free time or the fact that I can be reallyreallyreallyweird sometimes
its kinda cool but at the same time i just..nyeh.
Buuuut, I’ll post pictures or whatever if someone wants (I doubt anyone wants to see my face //shrug) but HNNG IM GOING TO SEE MY FRIENDS THAT LIVE FARTHER AWAY
I KNOW A LOT OF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG SO JUST A WARNING
I HOPE YOU DON’T MIND THAT IM PROBS GONNA BE SMOOCHIN’ UR CHEEKS HARDCORE BECAUSE IVE KINDA MISSED YOU GUYS
AND I STILL DON’T KNOW WHY YOU HANG AROUND ME
BUT WHATEVER I GUESS
"Like" Hamacon's Facebook Page
Hamacon has over 700 members in it’s Facebook group, but wants to get to 700 likes on it’s Facebook ‘page’!
You know you’d love to help, right?! Yes! We know you’d love to.
So head over to Hamacon’s Facebook page right now, and press that “Like” button!
Help a Hama out! :)
Go here, now! Quick! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hamacon/
With only 15 more days until the Mini-Con, we’re so excited!