- Me: Purple, you're one of my favourite shading colours... I love you.
- Purple: Amy, we've been doing this for a while...
- Me: Yes? *hopeful*
- Purple: ...but I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment.
- Me: What?
- Purple: Well, I have a life outside of the studio. At night I see the other acrylics, and... well I've already found my compliment... You know Yellow.
- Me: Right.
- Purple: So why don't you go out there and find your compliment. Get out of the studio. Have fun. Besides, I'm sure the fresh air would help you stop having conversations with paints and brushes. That's a good start at least.