Tips for growing out your hair!
I just watched a really informative video and thought I’d share! A lot of it is common knowledge but there’s also some good stuff. I was taking notes while watching it so it’s mostly in point form. Enjoy! :)
- Use Sulfate free shampoo
- Wash hair every two or more days, NEVER one day (unless your hair is really oily and none of these tips work - in that case, use a gentle daily shampoo)
- Don’t use too much product (shampoo, conditioner, etc)
- Comb out after washing hair with wide tooth comb only
- HAVE TO use leave in conditioner if you straighten hair regularly
- Never skip conditioner
- ALWAYS use heat protectant (so the protectant gets burnt and not your hair)
- Take vitamins / eat lots of fruits and veggies / Omegas are best
- Drink LOTS of water
- Stress influences hair loss tremendously
- Straightening hair every day is VERY bad for it, so try to work with natural texture
- Best to cut hair blunt / NEVER razor
- Try to let hair dry naturally / don’t blow dry
- It is a myth that getting regular trims makes hair grow faster! It just keeps it healthy, it doesn’t speed up the process.
- Not from the video I watched, but apparently working out and getting some exercise can also make your hair grow faster! Not sure if this is a myth, though.
- Massaging hair daily can help it grow since it helps blood flow which increases nutrients delivered to the hair!
- General health is basically very important!
- Don’t wear your hair too tightly pulled back (tight bun, pony tail) because it puts stress on your roots.