Follow posts tagged #gossip girl fashion in seconds.Sign up
GOSSIP GIRL FINALE
“Gossip Girl’s dead.” - Dan Humphrey
I can’t. Ugh. I watched the finale Tuesday night. Then watched it again Wednesday morning. And again, Thursday afternoon. Then, finally watched it on ETC, Thursday night. All those times I watched it, the tears kept coming. The real reason that I watched it for so many times because I was not really prepared for it to end. Like I have a choice. I watched it again and again because I didn’t think it’s over, but tonight, I feel that it really is. :( The tears that I shed tonight are endless. I can’t stop spamming my Tumblr and Twitter followers with all GG-related stuff. It’s over. It really is. 6 years of my life has been taken away from me. </3
I have been wanting to write this post since Tuesday, but I don’t really know what to write. I have been a fan of Gossip Girl since the very first episode. Who didn’t, after that episode? I think what made my obsession grow was, my mom was also a fan herself. We watched GG together, and we made sure that we eat dinner either before or after the show. Never while watching. We didn’t want to be interfered our watching by food. Hahaha. She even said once over dinner after an epic episode, “You can’t really help but be affected by the lives of these people.”
Of course. The Upper East Side. Manhattan. New York. It is one of the reasons I fell in love with GG. Then they started traveling and ended up in The Hamptons (Season 2), then Paris, and Los Angeles. But mostly, it was New York and what they did in it that left me hanging. I even imagined myself eating at the Met steps with my best friend, going home at the Palace, going to Constance…
Then there’s also the famous people who kept on showing up for the show. I nearly fainted when I saw Rachel Zoe in Blair’s birthday party in Season 4, dunked with chocolate. I mean, who does that?! Gossip Girl. Only Gossip Girl. There’s also Vera Wang. Wow.
And the fashion. Gossip Girl is like a moving high fashion magazine. Every episode feels like a whole fashion show. There is always a party to attend to and for that you need a perfectly good dress. They also started the headband phenomenon. Blair and her minions. Her symbol of power. To Eric Daman (Gossip Girl’s Costume Designer), job well done. Actually, I have more to say about GG’s fashion in my fashion blog here. In the finale, of course the same rule applied. Amazing dresses. (Gossip Girl Finale FASHION-> here)
The twisted story of these Upper East Siders, the elite people was the one that kept me hooked in this series. 6 awesome seasons in 6 awesome years gave us 121 episodes to remember and love.
Things I loved about the Finale:
1. Jack Bass. He was a big help to them. And his one liners are hilarious. With his opening statement: “Room service!” then Chuck opens the door and Jack says, “I have terrible news. Bart’s dead.” Hahaha. He also said “I have a different torture in mind- Marriage.” and he said to Chuck and Blair, “I love the both of you!” Gotta love Jack.
2. Chuck saying to Blair that their wedding shouldn’t be hurried, ‘not like this.’ his exact words. He wants to have the wedding that Blair deserves. Aaww sweet. <3 :))))
3. Chuck proposing to Blair. Enough said. Hahahaha. Nah, kidding. it was the first scene that made me cry so hard! I mean, finally! After all this time, Chuck carrying that Harry Winston box and attempting to propose but never happened, then Blair carrying that ring around her neck- finally! And this- “Life with you could never be boring. Blair Cornelia Waldorf, will you marry me?” Aaahhh feels. :)))
4. Flashback: Where Dan first talked to S. <3 I love the high school version of them <3
5. Georgina Sparks and Jack Bass met each other, finally! (literally. lol) They’re the male and female counterparts of each other, right? And to have them meet and work together to help CHAIR is a great way to do it. I love how they were the two people who gathered everyone for the wedding. ;)
6. Everyone’s got a job to do for the wedding. Dan ended up getting the flowers, Georgina got the cake, Jack got the rings, Eleanor got the dress (and Chuck’s suit, I think.), Serena’s and Nate’s jobs were to be there for their best friends. ;)
7. Chuck’s white suit for his wedding reminded me so much of The White Party in Season 2. The first time he said: “Three words, eight letters, say it and I’m yours.” Aaahhh. <3
8. Dan giving his ‘final chapter’ to Nate for The Spectator and not Vanity Fair. :)
9. CHUCK AND BLAIR’S WEDDING!!! <3 <3 <3
10. Cyrus’ words and his hurry to get the two married. Lol.
11. The Spectator alert. The whole story. The big news. The big reveal.
12. Cameos from famous people and other characters from past seasons! :) Mayor Bloomberg of NY, Rachel Bilson, Kirsten Bell (!!!), Vanessa Abrams, Lola Rhodes, Juliet Sharp, etcc
13. Kirsten Bell reading the script for their audition with Rachel Bilson :) :) Where she read what she normally says on every episode of this freaking series. :) :) Then the alert came on, revealed who Gossip Girl really was, then winked. Hahahaha. I love Kirsten Bell! :)) I watched Veronica Mars before, so yeah. :)))
“The upper east side was like something from Fitzgerald or Thackeray. Teenagers acting like adult, adult acting like teenagers. Guarding secrets. Spreading gossip. All with the trappings of truly populant wealth, and membership in this community was so elite you couldn’t even buy your way in. It was a birth right. A birth right I didn’t have, and my greatest achievements would never earn it. All I had to compare to this world was what I’d read in books. But that gave me the idea, if I wasn’t born into this world, maybe, I could write myself into it.” —Dan Humphrey. Gossip Girl
BAM! There’s your Gossip Girl, kids. Lonely Boy is Gossip Girl.
15. Everyone at the Waldorfs’ waiting for Chuck and Blair to come back. Then Rufus comes and talks to Dan and scolds him. Hahahaha.
16. Chuck and Blair came home saying they were cleared because no one really saw them at the roof and Bart’s death was declared to be an accident. (AND THEY JUST HAD A FREAKING WEDDING. THEY WERE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT DAN BEING GOSSIP GIRL THAN BART’S DEATH. HAHAHA!)
17. Dorota’s outburst and telling Jack to get her a drink. Hahahahaha! Aww. I’m going to miss Dorota :(
18. Everyone saying who they thought Gossip Girl was. Blair thought it was Dorota, Serena thought it was Eric then, and the list went on…
19. Serena being okay with Dan as Gossip Girl. Blair’s not okay with it and not inviting Dan to the reception. Hahaha!
20. The jump to 5 years later. The amazing futures they got. Chuck not just as a business man, but a daddy. Aww heart melting :”) then Blair being a woman of power, Nate doing great with The Spectator, Georgina not in black lol, her arms around Jack (wait! Are they together?!)
21. HENRY BASS!! That kid is so adorable I can’t even. Aaarggg. :))))))
22. Eric and Jenny are back! For like 5 seconds each. Haha dang it. I waited so long for Little J to come back and that’s it?!?! I love the bag she’s carrying, though. “J for Waldorf” ;)
23. Dan and Serena’s Wedding. Awww :”> Like, finally!!
24. The last scene, having little Blair, Serena, Chuck, and Dan everywhere. Aww. “You may be rid of Dan Humphrey, but you’ll never be rid of me. And who am I now? That’s one secret I’ll never tell. xoxo, Gossip Girl.”
That’s it, I guess. No more Gossip Girl. :( I think I may have calmed down. Haha. It was a great ending. I’m not that surprised that Dan is Gossip Girl, though. Maybe I’ll still cry because my favorite series has come to an end, but hey, it was a great story, a great series, awesome finale. Heartbreaking it may seem, it’s all good. I will miss you Blair Waldorf, Chuck Bass, Dan Humphrey, Serena van der Woodsen, Nate Archibald, Dorota, Ivy Dickens, Rufus Humphrey, Lily, and all the other characters who was ever in this show. To the creators of this show, executive produces Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, to all the crew who made this show possible, thank you for making it happen, giving me something I look forward to every week. I love you forever Gossip Girl. <3
It’s a long post. Thank you for reading and sharing the same feelings I have right now.
You know you love me. XOXO.