Follow posts tagged #goals, #fitness, and #motivation in seconds.Sign up
How to Achieve Anything
1. Stop fantasising: Those with too rosy a picture of the future tend to put less effort into reaching their goals. Instead, it’s better to be open to some things going wrong. It will help you see the obstacles - and think through beating them.
2. Visualise process NOT outcome: If you can think through all the steps you will forge a better plan … and it will also help reduce anxiety.
3. Be committed: You won’t achieve anything without getting started; and you won’t ever finish if you give up easily.
4. Beware of the “what-the-hell effect”: Too many just give up when they stumble or fall down. For example, think of all the dieters who binge at the first hurdle. It’s better to get up – and see a trip as very normal. It’s happens to us all – so don’t abandon your plan.
5. Attack procrastination: It’s easy to procrastinate when getting going’s tough. Make a start, keep your head down, and set yourself some deadlines. Once you start you’ll feel much better and the road won’t seem so hard.
6. Switch out of robot mode: A lot of behaviour is robotic and habitual. We copy other people or we do “the same old, same old”. Take stock … and change those patterns … if they don’t lead to your goals.
7. Know when enough is enough: Sometimes we also need to know when there’s no point going on. We’re flogging a dead horse and thing are never going to change. It’s time to alter your direction or to work on something else.
10 Easy Ways to Brighten Someone’s Day
1. Be generous with your smiles
2. Listen attentively when people talk to you.
3. Be warm and friendly. If you don’t know the people in the group, be the first one to introduce yourself.
4. Pay others compliments (make sure they are genuine – and not fake).
5. Be considerate and polite to both friends and strangers.
6. If you’re going to a party or social event, offer to be the designated driver.
7. Turn up on time (or arrive a few minutes early).
8. Overlook minor mistakes.
9. Never shame or embarrass others.
10. Give people the benefit of the doubt. If uncertain, think the best, not the worst of others.