Follow posts tagged #globex in seconds.Sign up
Online directory scams
Got another phone call from an online directory company… this one I had stupidly paid last year when they called, before I realized it was a scam. Now they’re saying the listing was for 2 years and we owe the second half. Haha no not happening. Fool me once, and all that shit.
Anyway, in case anyone else is dealing with this, here is a list here is a list of companies known to scam small businesses. Both Horizon and CM Pages have been harassing our office and we’ve also had calls from Globex. If you work in admin, it’s a good thing to have this list handy!
- ABI Publications
- B2B IPages – Chicago, IL
- Business Data Center – Plattsburgh, NY
- Canadian BizOnline
- Canadian Media Pages (CM Pages)
- Canora Pages – Montreal, QC
- CCI Collection Co.
- ClearView Corporate Communication, Inc. – Chicago, IL
- Commutel Marketing – Montreal, QC and Victoria, BC
- DataSource411 – Montreal, QC and Rochester, NY
- Empire Direct Group – Plattsburgh, NY
- Horizon Data Inc. – Champlain, NY and TMR, QC
- Info US411 – Middletown, DE
- Infotel Publications – Montreal, QC
- National Business Information Exchange (NBIE) Inc. – Montreal, QC and Chesapeake Beach, MD
- Reed Publishing aka Reed Directories
- Target Publications – Ansonia, CT and Champlain, NY
- Tradeshow Data Center – Plattsburg, NJ
- WC Debt Recovery
- Web Connect 411
- YourCompanyListing.com (a spin off of NBIE Inc.) – Montreal, QC and Chesapeake Beach, MD
- YourYellowURL – Ottawa, ON and Watertown, MA
If they are calling you saying you owe them money and you’re in Canada, file a complaint with the Anti Fraud Center and the Competition Bureau. After doing all this, the RCMP told me to just hang up on them every time they call.
Also, I actually made a voice contract over the phone with Yellow Pages Group and it’s completely different from what these companies call their “voice contracts”. COMPLETELY different.