- Fran: Oh don't look at me like that. It wasn't all bad. How many people can say they've been on a hospital riverboat?
- Manny: And you can be sure they didn't get to perform surgery on themselves.
- Fran: Just as well they thought Manny was a god.
- Manny: Yes, it will be sometime before I want to sacrifice another monkey.
- Bernard: We said we wouldn't talk about Canada!
“But by the Blood of the Bull, how he wanted to leap up from this table, cross the room in three strides and kiss her! Not a polite kiss of greeting either, but a slow lingering kiss that would last for days and take all breath from the world.”—The Kingmaking by Helen Hollick (what I’m reading now)
I went to bed around midnight because I was “really tired.” I said that I’d get up an hour earlier to finish a reading this morning. Well, that really tired left me tossing and turning and I’m not sure if I fell comfortably asleep at all? I kept waking up in random hour spurts. I remember looking over at my alarm clock at 7am, 6:30am, 5am, 3:30am, and between 12am-3:30am… I don’t know if I actually fell asleep at all? I do remember constantly turning over and thinking, “WOW! It’s already 3:30!? I was so tired that I don’t actually know if I did, or didn’t, fall asleep?”
Sleep, I can’t has any…