2012 roundup (just the good stuff - obvs)
Katie Sozes 2012 roundup
This has been a strange year for me - but personal life aside a good one work wise. I really switched from being a beginner photographer to feeling confident with my camera and being a girl who liked drawing to honing my own style of graphic art/ illustration.
So here are some highlights from this year:
- Starting my own designer knit label
- Being active with photography and doing 22 shoots - thanks to everyone I worked with this year!!
- Getting signed to/ joining Moonko (big up yourself Debbie :P )
- Getting my photographs exhibited in Urban Outfitters - My first ever exhibition!
- Getting to 1,000 Instagram followers! Hhehe x
- Being reviewed by Gola
- Being part of an exhibition in the Nichols Building Sheffield (and attending an awesome opening party there).
- Getting signed to London Illustration agency The Cauliflower Collective (and drinking some amazing Malibu at their launch party at The Smokestack in Leeds)
- Continuing to work with Lolly Likes on body positivity and having this photo go down a storm with plus size bloggers.
I feel like this year I’ve come into myself and got to grips with what I’m doing. Hopefully the next year I’ll start to fly!
Thankyou for everyone who has supported me and followed this blog whether you’re a personal friend or relation, a nosey fellow photographer, a fat lover, a young aspiring photographer or just some guy who came across my tumblr. Every like and reblog means a lot to me - and I save all my asks and messages to read in the future.
Thanks for recognising that everyone has to start somewhere and encouraging me as I grow (rather than the narky grumps on my facebook who see no point in doing anything unless it’s your desk job).
Thankyouthankyouthankyou and I hope you have a good year this year too!