Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Leaning Towards The Rain Began To Crop Germination Ampacamuttiram ! http://newish.info/130400-leaning-towards-the-rain-began-to-crop-germination-ampacamuttiram
Richard's Germination Experience.
So for the pass 2 months, I have been experimenting with some of the fruit seeds and hoping to grow my own mini fruit garden.
It is actually harder to germinate seeds than it is said on the internet, probably because I am an amateur and I live in an apartment in downtown Toronto. It is not exactly the ideal environment to grow things, and Winter is coming (yes I went there, George RR Martin reference =P such a geek)
The list of seeds that I tried: Avocado, Mango, Kiwi, Strawberry, Nectarine, Lemon, and Clementine.
- I posted a post like 2 months ago about my avocado rooting. After that, it kind of stopped growing. Well, not really. But it’s definitely growing at a really really slow rate. It seems like these 2 days it is picking up speed again, but seriously, this stem is not out yet and it’s just chilling the the water everyday doing nothing.
- My Mango the Second (first died =[) is a surprise baby. When I first put it in the water, the water started going murky and the seed started turning black. I thought it’s rotting like Mango the first. But I insisted on changing water every other day and to my surprise, a couple days later it started to root and this morning I found out the stem part is starting to come out (the small pointy thing on the right.)
- Nectarine experiment is a failure =[
- Strawberry isn’t going so well either, out of all the seeds (like 50+) only 2 germinated (and 1 died) So here’s a picture of my lonely strawberry with the tiniest set of leaves ever. I don’t know what to do with it now…. I really wanted to plant it in soil but I don’t know if it’s ready yet. =/
- Kiwi hasn’t germinated yet… I hope they will
- My Lemon and Clementine are doing the best so far. All my lemon seeds grew roots and the stems are definitely coming out. The Clementine is the fastest so far (the green seed at the top with a pair of leaves), It split open like the second day I put in the container and it just keeps growing.
Now I need to get me some good soil and hope my plants will survive =/.