Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
right now, there’s a debate in germany about the women’s quota and if it is even necessary. many celebrities like veronica ferres are against it. it’s discriminating against men, she says, and therefore unfair. other women are speaking out against it, too, notably women who are already in leading jobs, claiming that they reached the top themselves, thereby proving it’s possible. they think it’s unnecessary and actually setting women back because no one wants to get a job just to fill some quota. they claim it’s not necessary since many firms are looking for female managers anyway (completely forgetting that most of those firms are looking for female managers because of the quota.)
at the moment, 51% of the german population are women. 44% of those are working. 21.3% are in leading positions, and in the board of managers of the german stock exchange for example, only 7.8% are women, according to one german newspaper.
opposers of the women’s quota claim that the quota would be harmful because people would be chosen for jobs because of their gender and not their competence.
- apparently there are far less competent women than men, so it would be difficult to fulfill it.
- apparently people are forgetting that people are being chosen because of their gender and not their competence already. it’s just men that get chosen now. because they’re ~more competent~ despite women getting consistently higher degrees.
- the quota would be 30%, btw. you tell me you can’t find 30% of competent women? yeah.
i can understand not wanting to be chosen just to fulfill some quota. but the answer is not to get rid of the quota when women are at such a disadvantage already.
I was alerted to this yesterday, so I thought I’d share, in case anyone’s interested…. :)
Ab dem 26. Mai strahlt ARTE Star Trek Filme aus.
- “Star Trek: Der Film” (1982)
- « Star Trek : True Stories » Dokumentarfilm (2013)
- “Star Trek II: Der Zorn des Khan” (1984)
- “Star Trek III: Auf der Suche nach Mr. Spock” (1984)
- “Star Trek IV: Zurück in die Gegenwart” (1986)
- “Star Trek V: Am Rande des Universums” (1989)
- “Star Trek VI: Das unentdeckte Land” (1991)
also, tvinfo.de says this:
So 26.5. 20:15 Star Trek - Der Film
Mo 3.6. 20:15 Star Trek VI: Das unentdeckte Land
Mo 3.6. 22:00 Star Trek: Der erste Kontakt
Sehr geehrter Herr Winter,
wie wir Sie bereits in unserem Schreiben vom 01.03.2013 erinnert haben, lief Ihr Arbeitsvertrag zum 19.03.2013 aus. Sie haben sich dennoch widerrechtlich weiterhin auf unserem Betriebsgelände aufgehalten. Wir bitten Sie, dies zu unterlassen und die beigefügte Unterlassungserklärung zu unterschreiben. Andernfalls sehen wir uns veranlasst, gegen Sie Klage einzureichen.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Dear other Germans
Does anyone else do this thing where you observe when a new show becomes popular in the US and you can practically smell that it’ll come to Germany
And then you try to guess which channel will air it?
It’s sort of like Hogwarts house sorting…
“Oh no, that’s good quality, that goes to Pro7! What that? No, that’s weird! Vox will have that”