Follow posts tagged #funnyrunner in seconds.Sign up
You’ve got questions, I’ve got answers.
Rule 1: Repost the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post
Rule 4: Let them know they’ve been tagged
Chrysti’s 11 questions:
(01) Do you have any tattoos, and if so, what are their meanings?
- I have a Deathly Hallows tattoo on my left foot. Means I’m the Master of Death, y’all. I’m not opposed to getting more, but I’m too indecisive SLASH can’t think of anything else I would be comfortable having permanently etched on my body. Harry Potter love is eternal.
(02) Are you doing as a career what you thought you’d be doing when you were a kid?
- I’m currently funemployed (read: miserably seeking gainful employment). BUT: I couldn’t have imagined falling into my chosen field as a kid. Mostly because I didn’t know it existed. I
wasam also indecisive. Things I wanted to be: helicopter pilot, baker (shocking, right?), Egyptologist, translator. When I got older, I always saw myself working for an NGO in Latin America. (I had a love affair with Spanish, but only orally. I hated literary analysis in Spanish, as I do in English.) Now I play with satellite imagery, map land-cover, model species distributions, and monitor changes in forests/vegetation. Don’t ever ask me why the sky is blue or a sunset is red unless you want me to give you an annoyingly scientific answer.
(03) Introvert or extrovert?
- lololol. I am a textbook example of an introvert. For every hour I spend with people, I typically require about two hours to myself. Please see here for further instruction on interacting with me.
(04) Does your partner or best friend have the same fitness and health habits as you?
- Eh, I wouldn’t say the same, but Anna and Claire are close. I tend to be fickle with my real life friendships, and being in a transitional life phase (did I really just say that?), I’m not sure I have a “best” friend at the moment. Kelly kicks ass on the daily, and she’s my own particular brand of crazy, though. Most of my college friends aren’t that into health/fitness.
(05) Do you like running in the rain?
- YES. It helps keep me cool, because I suck at doing that on my own. It’s not fun when I don’t prepare for the weather and end up running in glasses, though. Then I can’t see, and I just get annoyed.
(06) What’s your favorite dessert?
- Is this a real question? Is “all of them” an acceptable answer? No? Rude. Frozen yogurt (original tart) + carob chips (or dark/semi-sweet chocolate in a pinch) + rainbow sprinkles (again, chocolate in a pinch) + strawberries. I don’t usually like candy in my yogurt, nor do I usually like flavored yogurts. I make an occasional exception for coconut and/or pumpkin if they’re tart enough, though. Oreos also make cameos from time to time. As far as baked goods go, cookies > brownies > cakes.
(07) Do you do a good job of giving yourself credit for what you’ve accomplished?
- I think so. I will say, though, that I don’t believe I’ve done anything that’s incredibly physically impressive. Mentally? That’s another story. I’m not very strong, and I’m certainly not fast by any stretch of the imagination, but I don’t have it in me to quit. I’m lucky in that I don’t injure easily (ironic, because I’m currently injured) and that I was blessed with an incredibly stubborn mind. That coupling makes for pretty enjoyable training, which in turn leads to fun races. I’m all about fun.
(08) Least favorite household chore?
- Cleaning floors. Sweeping is fine, but I hate mopping and vacuuming. Give me dishes or give me death!
(09) Where do you want to go for your next vacation?
- With people? Seattle. I have some people out there that need visiting, and I just love it. Without people? Appalachian Trail. Or somewhere equally as serene and nature-y and people-free.
(10) Water with or without ice?
- Without. Almost always without. I prefer hot or tepid water. I even prefer my seltzer tepid.
(11) Last book you read for pleasure?
- The last book I finished for pleasure was A Game of Thones. It took me foreverrrr. I started it in September, read about 80 pages, and then restarted it sometime earlier this year. I couldn’t find my groove until the last 300 pages or so (out of 800+). Currently, I’m reading The Crystal Cave, as was recommended to me by my father. I don’t particularly enjoy Arthurian fiction, but I’m 200 pages in, and it’s decent, I guess. Strange first person narrative, though.
- If you could only save one item (non-living) from your burning home, what would it be?
- If you could attain one skill you don’t already possess and be able to execute it flawlessly at the push of a button, what would it be?
- If you owned a CB radio, what would your handle be?
- You’re replacing a roll of toilet paper: does the paper roll over or under?
- At long last, someone invents “the dream VCR.” This machine allows you to tape an entire evening’s worth of your own dreams, which you can then watch at your leisure. However, the inventor of the dream VCR will only allow you to use this device of you agree to a strange caveat: When you watch your dreams, you must do so with your family and your closest friends in the same room. They get to watch your dreams along with you. And if you don’t agree to this, you can’t use the dream VCR. Would you still do this? (Stolen from Chuck Klosterman.)
- Top three favorite scents?
- You’re going on a road trip: aside from mix CDs (always a given), what are three essentials you require?
- Which fictional character do you most closely identify with?
- Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what are they?
- What was your best Halloween costume?
- You have an unfortunate run-in with a very angry genie, and he forces you to choose one of your five senses to sacrifice. Which do you give up?
Race-free is the way to be!
Umm….I’m confused. Aren’t you doing the NYC tri tomorrow? Either I’m wrong, or you’re terrible at taper.
I seem to confuse people fairly often. Let me try to fix this.
I started working out post-injury in mid/late May, and very gingerly at that. I haven’t put in enough quality workouts to justify a race, and I won’t put racing pride before my body’s recovery.
I’m doing really well with re-establishing a fitness base and recovering in a healthy manner. At least I think I am.
I just don’t see the point in pushing it and potentially ending up broken because of a silly race. Sure, I could do it, but I won’t.
I waited until yesterday to officially defer my entry in the NYC Tri until 2013 (mostly because I’m lazy, the mental decision was made long ago), which is why you didn’t know until now. But I wish you the best of luck!
Also, look at my last 52 weeks. I’m awful at taper. (AHEM: PR at Soaring Wings Half the week before my first marathon? File under: #stupid) And apparently I really only like long runs (at least according to this chart). Who knew?*
tl;dr - I’m not racing tomorrow or any time in the immediate future. (I haven’t even committed to a fall marathon! Look at me being all corporally responsible.)
I see what you did there!
Lady, you pulled your hammies. Youre out for at least two weeks. Do you foam roll? Or just dough roll? Ha!baker joke.
But I do not foam roll. I actually don’t even roll dough. Too messy and it takes too long. I don’t even own a rolling pin. I just press dough and stretch it with my fingers until it feels right and it’s the way I like it.
Which is, oddly enough, the same thing I do to my sore muscles.
Anyway, here’s some more rolling.
funnyrunner replied to your photo: this is the face of a runner who needs more miles…
i knowwww i knowww haha. :) taper time is not fun though. i know i’ll be happy that i didn’t do more on sunday though. my legs still feel really fresh.
Cool your guns, lady! It’s taper time. Go put your feet up and drink some cold water.
Yeah, probably. I’m a 7-7.5 in regular shoes, and I’m wearing a 7.5 in my (beloved!) Brooks Defyance 5s. Should probably be an 8, but I didn’t have trouble until I hit distances >12 miles. Might try to size up next time. For now: rocking the seven I have left!
Why are you constantly having toenail issues?! Are your shoes too small? P.S. pretty sure I’d be too chicken too.