Examiner: The Cast Considers Going back to FTL
LA TV Insider Examiner was on set in Vancouver* to get a sense of where characters like Charming (Dallas), Regina (Lana Parrilla), Rumple (Robert Carlyle), and Belle’s (Emilie de Ravin) heads were at.
- DAVID/PRINCE CHARMING: “I think David wants to get back to their kingdom—the kingdom that they fought for; the kingdom that they love; the kingdom that is their home. And Mary Margaret maybe might think a bit differently…‘Fairytale land is not as you remember it’, and the way he feels is then all the more reason to return there and make it right and make it better—make it better than it was,” Dallas said.
- EMMA: “There is definitely a sense that Emma and Mary Margaret have experienced what I call post-apocalyptic fairytale land, and David has not. Even though it has been explained to him, and he’s heard the stories, it’s just different to hear about it than to be in it. For Emma and Mary Margaret, it’s very real, the state [fairytale land] is in. The dangers are very real, and the struggles are very real because they just survived it,” Jennifer Morrison said.
- REGINA/THE QUEEN: “My gut instinct with Regina is she has zero interest in returning. What is there for her? Everyone hates her. Everyone knows who she is; why would she want to go back to a place where she’s pretty much been exiled? I mean, she did it to herself, but she would be if she went back. To me, it just seems pointless. I think Regina just has to carry on—or if she’s forced to go back there at some point because of Henry, I think she would go,” Parrilla said.
- RUMPLE/MR.GOLD: “I think he’d probably see, in his mind’s eye, nirvana for him with Belle, Bay, a castle, power—enough to take care of the kids—and be quite happy,” Carlyle said.
- BELLE: “Belle hasn’t really discussed [going back]. You know, I don’t think she would if it was a threat to their relationship. If he was going to become somewhat more evil—for whatever reason—going back, there’s no way she would. But, on the other hand, it’s more familiar to her, obviously, than Storybrooke,” de Ravin said.
- HENRY: “I think in a way he’s like ‘Oh, that would be sort of cool,’ but in another way he’s sort of like ‘But everyone just got back here’…so I think he’s on-board in a way, but he’s not in another way. And also, he read the book, and he knows what the land is like in the book, but since the curse happened, as you’ve seen in the show, the land’s become very barren and deserted and evil,” Jared Gilmore said.
Gawd I'm such a nerd
- Me: Einstein's still right. They managed to figure out why the neutrinos appeared to be faster than light. The detectors were also experiencing relativistic effects which when taken into account explain the anomaly.
- Friend: Oh that's good, I like a little certainty in the universe.
- Me: Don't say that around Heisenberg! He's against it on principle!