Follow posts tagged #fallenangelflonne in seconds.Sign up
Yes, but no one appreciates the finer details, like:
It’s the best version of the game by far, it’s awesome
- It’s not a backbone emulation
- One guy did most of the work
- On his own multi-platform engine
- That Sega found through a (now removed) YouTube video of Sonic CD running on his(Christian’s) iPhone
- And that it’s not a port, they had to rebuild the entire game
- And replaced the crap CD physics with optional Sonic 2 physics
- Which since it’s not a port they had to try to replicate themselves
- Which not even Sega can do right (see: Generations)
- And the bonus new unlockable of Tails had all new animations for the special stages, made by Sonic Retro mods
It’s probably the best rerelease Sega has ever been a part of, and is better than the original was, bar missing a music track because the legal owner died.
I mean I know you said it’s the best version too, but I just want to be clear on how amazing that is considering ports like Adventure DX ruined a lot of the game and even the “good” genesis game ports miss things (I’m not sure if they ever fixed the waterfall effect that only worked on CRT TVs).
I know a lot about Sonic.
In fact I’m going to tag this just so someone might appreciate Christian’s work more specifically, rather than just be like “the reason it’s better is because it’s in 16:9 and has both soundtracks”.