- Me: Haha I don't need to start revising I've got a month
- Me: Haha I don't need to start revising I've got 2 weeks
- Me: Haha I don't need to start revising I've got a week
- Me: Haha I don't need to start revising I've got a night
- Me: Haha I should probably start revising the exam is in 2 hours.
- Me: Haha I don't know anything on this paper because I didn't revise
While revising for tomorrow’s exam, I try to cover as many possible questions with as little revision material as possible. My grandfather always told this story from his school-days about a guy who took this logic to the extreme. On the day before a biology test in which one has to pick a note with a random animal out of a hat and then do an impromptu presentation on this animal, all students were reading about as many animals as they could. Except for one guy, who only learned about worms, and was somehow not worried at all. When it was his turn during the test the next day, he picked ‘Elephant’ out of the hat, and began his presentation with the words
“The Elephant is a large grey mammal, whose trunk resembles a worm. Speaking of worms…..” and then just proceeded to talk about worms.
The Prophet (s) told the following dua to be recited in stress, studies, exams and trials
اللهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلا مَا جَعَلتَهُ سَهْلا وَ أنتَ تَجْعَلُ الحزْنَ إذا شِئْتَ سَهْلا
“O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will.” [recorded in Hisnul-Muslim]