Follow posts tagged #emma watson, #rupert grint, and #logan lerman in seconds.Sign up
DIY Deathly Hallows Cutout Tank
T-shirt or loose tank top
1. Lay your shirt out flat, you may want to insert a flat surface in the middle of it to make it easier to draw on. (I put a flat piece or cardboard in mine).
2. Make sure the back of the shirt is facing up, this is the side you’re going to cut out. Place your ruler at the top of the shirt in the middle and measure six inches down and make a mark with your chalk.
3. From that mark angle your ruler out (you’re going to form a triangle eventually) and make a mark at the end of the ruler. Then place the end of your ruler at that mark and measure horizonatally and make a mark at the end. Your then going to connect those marks together with lines and the goal is to get a equilateral triangle so you may have to eyeball it a little.
4. Next take your hair tie and wrap it around your chalk. Press the end of your hair tie in the center of the triangle and pull the chalk away from the middle so that it pulls the hair tie taught. Then begin to draw a circle with your chalk.
5. Now you’re going to draw the Elder Wand part of the Deathly Hallows. Put your ruler in the middle of the triangle at the top and move it slightly to the left and draw a straight line down. Then move it slightly to the right and do the same.
6. To finish the drawing you’re going to draw another circle around the circle in the center of the triangle. You want to make it so the edges of the circle are touching the edge of the triangle.
7. There are 6 pieces you’re going to cut out. 2 curved triangles in the bottom corners, two at the top of the triangle and the two half circles. Click here to see a diagram. The parts you will cut out are in white.
8. Once you’re done cutting out you’re technically done, however if you want to turn your t-shirt into a tank top you can then cut off the bottom, the sleeves, and the neckline. I haven’t made a tutorial for how to make a t-shirt into a tank, but if you’d like one let me know in my ask and I definitely will get on it.
For now though you’re done. Pottheads unite!