Tiger Scare at South River High School
EDGEWATER, MD— Students and faculty were forced to evacuate South River High School earlier today, causing much confusion. While the source of the evacuation was said to be caused by a dryer malfunction in the cafeteria, many conflicting stories have arisen.
Of those stories, the one with the most validity, confirmed by multiple sources, is that of a full-grown Sumatran tiger. The tiger was said to have been spotted in the hallways by South River faculty. The cat wandered into an empty classroom where it was trapped by administrators. The alarm system was activated immediately afterwards to safely get students out of harm’s way.
“I never expected to see something like this at school,” said an anonymous South River faculty member. “I’m just thankful we were able to control the situation before anyone got hurt.”
It is suspected that this was part of a senior prank that got out of hand. Administration is thought to have claimed a dryer malfunction as not to bring light to the actual situation. No word yet on how the tiger was acquired or brought to the school premises.
Administration attempted to keep this under wraps, however, when some students caught wind of what truly happened, they took to social networking to spread the word.
“I saw the tiger with my own two eyes,” said South River senior Brian Foley, “It was horrifying.”
The tiger was sedated by responders and safely removed through the back of the school, near the CAT-South building. Despite the dramatic events of today, South River High is still open and operating on a normal school schedule tomorrow. No confirmed reports as of now as to the current status of the tiger.