Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
What are the Dream Bubbles Like? What do you do in there??
((Of course, this is a shoutout to the wonderful 4Chords AU created by averyniceprince . The concept is hers, I’ve just run away with it giggling like a banshee. I’M SORRYYYY))
what if your dreamselves were more like a memory of what your body looked like (like if you thought you were slightly taller than you really were that would be reflected in your dreamself) and the longer you spent in a dreambubble the more you'd start to distort as you forgot what you were supposed to look like
Ah, there. :D
… Wow. That’s such a cool idea. You might start looking like an idealized version of yourself or an alien version of yourself or even this fuzzy and increasingly blank humanoid-shaped thing. I imagine that would also be tied in to how strong your sense of self was in the first place — you’re more likely to go indistinct and blank if you had a really tenuous sense of self, and likely to go weird and twisted if you had a lot of competing ideas.
And then there’s the age at which you are when your dreamself ends up in a dreambubble! I think that can have a very strong effect on someone’s sense of self and image of their selves.
This makes me wonder about Jade’s dreamself specifically, since hers is one we know spent an awfully long time in dreambubbles.
(I also wonder who were the friends she made that she was crying about as Jadesprite, and I’m really sad that that never got touched on again. What if Porrim kind of… adopted her? And she was a friend but also kind of a big sister/mother figure Jade never had??)
SF: LOOK, KID, TINY DISCIPLE IS CLEARLY INTO YOU. YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT EVENTUALLY. JUST TRY TO NOT BE TOO MUCH OF A NOOKWHIFFER AND YOU’LL BE FINE. SHE’S UNDERSTANDING.
cG: WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME.
cG: HOW DID YOU EVEN GET HERE. IT WASN’T ENOUGH THAT TROLLS AND HUMANS HAVE BEEN INVADING MY BUBBLE LEFT, RIGHT, CENTRE, ANY OTHER DIRECTIONS YOU CAN THINK OF AND A FEW WHICH DON’T ACTUALLY EXIST, BUT NOW I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH MYSTERIOUS CLOAKED STRANGERS MAKING OBLIQUE COMMENTS ABOUT SOME DIMINUTIVE DISCIPLE.
cG: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DARK LORDS MUST BE IN ORDER! YET AGAIN, THEIR SLIMY TENDRILS HAVE TRIUMPHED OVER MY INCREASINGLY DESPERATE ATTEMPTS TO CATCH A FUCKING BREAK!!
cG: NOW THAT I LOOK AT YOU, YOU COULD BE A REALLY FUTURE ME. WOW, WHAT A LOSER I TURN OUT TO BE. DO I REALLY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY TIME THAN BOTHER PAST ME?
cG: HOW FUCKING TYPICAL OF THAT NOOKSTAIN.
cG: THE SWEEPS MUST HAVE CORRODED MY MEMORY OF HOW SPONGESHITTINGLY AWFUL THIS EXPERIENCE WAS OR I WOULDN’T HAVE GONE BACK.
Do mew think they remempurr? (a sadstuck fanfic)
Characters: Nepeta Leijon, Equius Zahhak
Relationships: Meowrails, KatNep, EqAra
Location: In a dream bubble
Nepeta sat in her dreambubble, painting pictures of some old friends she used to know. She and Equius had been dead for quite awhile now, so they had learned to deal with it. Nepeta painted her friends, one by one, starting with Aradia and ending with Feferi, leaving herself and Equius out, putting Karkat in at the end. She sighed.
Equius looked over her shoulder at the piece. “That’s an exquisite work”, he praised, “it’s nice”.
There was a moment of silence as she laid down her brush and picked up the paper. “it is purrty nice, isn’t it?” she said, rolling her r to imitate the sound of a purring kitten.
“Indeed” He replied, with a slight smile, “Almost as good as one of my hoofbeast pieces” he said.
Nepeta got up and hung it on the wall with the others to dry. She looked over them all, some of them were of ships, others of just a single friend. Very few of them of herself. She sighed again. “do mew think they remempurr us, Equius?” she asked.
“Of course they remember us. It is rather improbable that they’d forget.” he choked out, a bit shocked she had even asked.
She gently ran her fingers along the newest painting, careful not to touch the wet paint. “do mew think they miss us?”
“Of course, do…you miss them?” He replied.
“A lot, actually” She said.
Equius walked over to her, not saying a word. He gently placed a hand on her shoulder. “It’s fine”, He said, “I miss them too” He looked over the paintings, a specific friend in mind.
“Oh…” He muttered. “Oh my” He said when he caught sight of a perfectly detailed painting of Aradia.
Nepeta giggled as he began to sweat. “I’ll get mew a towel” she said, skipping off to retrieve a towel. While she was away, he lifted his hand and lightly traced Aradia’s face on the painting with a sigh. He dropped his hand as Nepeta returned with the towel.
“th-thanks” he said as he dried his face.
“no purroblem” she replied. She looked up the Aradia painting. “Mew miss her, huh?” she asked. This caught him by surprise.
“Extremely so” he said quietly, his voice heavy with sorrow.
“I miss him too” she purred out.
Equius was shocked. She had not mentioned having interest in anyone until now. “you miss who, exactly?” He asked.
“why don’t you guess?” she purred.
He looked at the paintings. “h-highblood?” He asked, pointing to a painting of Gamzee.
“Nope” she said.
“the sea-dweller?” He asked pointing to a painting of Eridan.
“hmm…” He thought for a second. “the psi-conic?” he pointed to a painting of Sollux.
“Getting closer” she said.
He pointed to a painting of Tavros his Pupa pan outfit. “low blood?” he asked.
“Noo” she said.
“But, that only leaves…” He started, his voice drifting off.
“Karkitty.” She said. Equius chuckled. There was no point in disaprooving anymore.
“I didn’t know you-“
“I didn’t tell anyone” she said sadly, cutting him off.
“not even him?”, He asked, “Why not?” There was a moment of silence.
“I was going to…” she said, holding back tears, “i just nefurr got the chance”
Posted it here: [x]
Homestuck theory #9348: Dreambubbles
In this latest intermission, all of the kids are wasting a lot of time in dreambubbles.
And I think they’re doing exactly that: wasting time, because they should be conversing with horrorterrors.
Hear me out.
Bilious-Slick's Guide to Dream Bubbles
A lot of people don’t seem to realize how Dream Bubbles work, so I will list what we know about them!
1) The Dream Bubbles are constructs of the Horrorterrors, created from the memories of those inside. Feferi was the one who caused them to exist, but due to the nature of the Furthest Ring, those who came before her inhabit them.
2) They house the souls of dead SBURB and SGRUB players, in addition to Calliope and Andrew Hussie. Other game sessions do not seem to be connected, though the reason why may just be because they have no common connection with the main cast. Those who died in any timeline will appear in the Dream Bubbles, while those who did not die by the time a timeline was erased will not appear.
3) Dream Bubbles also house memory constructs. These range from items, to buildings, to people. The people are duplicates of the originals, and do not possess knowledge that their constructor does not have. Items have all of the same properties as the originals.
4) There are many ways to enter a Dream Bubble. The first method we see is by falling asleep after either your regular self or your dream self has died. This causes a projection of yourself to appear in the Bubbles. If there is a Dream Bubble with a construct of yourself inside of it, your projection can possess it (as is seen with both Dirk and John). Killing a projection only causes them to wake up.
5) The second method shown is to die, and become a dream ghost. Once you are fully dead, you will only be able to exist within the Dream Bubbles. The dead have the most influence on what a Dream Bubble consists of. Killing a ghost causes them to cease existing.
6) The third method is to physically enter a Dream Bubble as an awake, living being. Awake beings have the least influence on a Dream Bubble, but they are also capable of leaving one at will. They are also capable of leaving behind objects that the dead can interact with. It is fully possible for the dead to kill the living inside of the Dream Bubbles.
7) Inhabitants cannot change Bubbles unless they have shared memories with someone in a different Bubble. Projections and ghosts alike physically cannot leave the Bubbles, or they would cease existing. Sollux is unique in that he can leave the Bubbles despite having died.
I think I covered everything! Let me know if I missed something and I will add it! I bolded sentences that seem important to the plot.