(( A little something for Doppel of My Little Changeling, one of my many favorite blogs! ))
(( Just an interpretation of Doppel, being the smarmy little bastard he is, complete with Changeling chirp noises. What a loveable jerk bug! He kind of ended up sounding like my Maloriak impression from World of Warcraft…and possibly Jason Griffith/Previous Sonic before the new one, but my range is limited, what can I say. It’s still a super fun character to do though! ))
(( People with requests on my Shining Armor blog, worry not. I’m working on yours. I’ve owed Doppel this for a long time~. ))
Rusty Nail's Recipes
Not everyone is what they seem. Sometimes you have to look deeper than the surface to see what truly makes someone special. Today’s drink honoree takes that to a whole new level, and strives every day to teach us that superficial preconceptions, of any kind, on any level, keep us from truly wonderful things.
Ladies and Gentlemen…
This Changeling has left his hive, and is doing his best to figure out both his place in the world, and the net of friends that quite literally is food for his soul.
A Doppel (Blue Changeling)
- 3/4oz White Rum
- 3/4 oz Blue Curacao
- 1oz Lemon Lime Soda
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- 1oz Sweet and Sour mix
- Banana Daiquiri Ice Cubes (Included in Recipe)
- 1 cup bananas
- 1oz Coconut Rum
- 1/2oz fresh lime juice
- Rocks Glass
A Blender, A Freezer, An Ice Cube Tray, a Swizzle Stick
Making a Doppel:
- Put Bananas, Coconut Rum, and Lime Juice in blender.
- Blend until liquid.
- Pour into Ice Cube Tray.(You may have made more material than you have room in your tray. Pitch the rest, or use more trays. You won’t use all these cubes in one drink, but they’re a hoot and a half of fun to play with.)
- Let Freeze for 24 hours. (Seriously. Give these suckers some TIME to set up.)
- Put two to four cubes into Rocks Glass. You want plenty of room still in the glass.
- Pour White Rum, Blue Curacao, Lemon Lime soda, Pineapple Juice, and Sweet and Sour Mix over cubes.
- Stir with stick.
You’ve just finished making a Doppel!
You’ll want to take your time drinking this one. Your goal, and the reason you don’t use a chilled glass, or fill the glass with the cubes you made, is to let the cubes you made melt as you drink. Since they’re not “Ice”, they won’t water down the beverage, and will quite literally, change your drink from one thing, to another, as you consume it. Your drink, quite literally, is one thing, disguised as another, that changes in your hands, as you hold it. No two sips will be of the same concoction. It is an honest to goodness Changeling Cocktail.
Keep sending in suggestions as to who you’d like to see made into a drink, and Stay Thirsty, my friends!