Follow posts tagged #don x sloan in seconds.Sign up
Been re-watching the Don/Sloan scenes... massive fan-girling ahead.
1. THE FUCKING LOOK he gives her when he’s walking into the broadcast room and she’s doing her whole Badass Economist thing. It’s this lingering, eyes veering to stay on her even as he walks past look that made me instantly KNOW wonderful things were about to happen.
2. “Can you wait till we’re alone?” TILL WE’RE ALONE? WHAT? WHERE? AM I INVITED!? I’LL JUST SIT IN THE CORNER AND SILENTLY FANGIRL, YOU WON’T EVEN NOTICE.
3. “Ahhh, it all starts with the lunch. Innocent lunch…” he has such a freaking SPARKLE in his eyes as he follows her. And she just walks ahead like the BAMF she is because she knows he’ll follow. And he’s all too happy to oblige. UGH.
4. AND NOW HE’S WALKING AHEAD AND TELLING HER ‘In here’ AND I JUST LOVE HOW THEY’RE EQUALS AND TRADE OFF POWER LIKE THAT IN SUBTLE WAAAAYSSS.
5. He is so determined to tear holes in her decision process. And he’s 100% the kind of character who’s only that persistent when he really effing cares about the outcome of something because we’ve seen him when he doesn’t (re: blowing off Maggie).
6. “I have three days to change your mind.” with a playful glance. THE SPARKLE. It’s baaaaacccckkk! And it is law. He’s basically not even allowing room for the possibility of her leaving.
7. The laughter. I can’t. Deceased. Their smiles. Tentative, a little surprised at themselves, and HIS FACE. HIS EXPRESSION at the fact that he made her laugh. This isn’t real life. Canon is never this nice to me.
8. I’m saying less because typing from the grave is hard.
9. “We’ll see each other. And you’re not leaving.”
10. Her. Entire. Freaking. Speech. And. His. Arrested. Look. Of. HolyShitSheIsPerfection.
11. “You never asked me out.” WHAT. “Caught you off-guard there, didn’t I?” TRYING TO LIGHTEN THE TENSION WITH A SMILE BUT IT’S SO PALPABLE I’M GOING TO EXPLODE. And his dazed response. What’s air? What’s life? What’s sanity?
12. Am I the only one who thought his “You’re wrong.” would be referencing a time he did try to ask her out and she never picked up on it? Or was all sense of reason just looooong gone for me.
13. The way he drops his head in his hands with such a “Well, fuck.” expression after she leaves, because WELL FUCK.
I can’t even talk about the last scene because it’ll kill me all over again and I don’t know what happens when you die after already being dead and what if I rip a hole in the time-space continuum but all I know is I DEFINITELY WENT TO HEAVEN BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS DON AND SLOAN AND NOTHING HURTS.