where are all the fics of Dean and Cas being a gross married couple?
like thanksgiving dinner when Dean eats way too much and goes to the couch to loosen his belt. Cas follows him, sits next to him in front of the tv, then starts rubbing Dean’s belly while they relax together.
or Sam’s birthday party where Dean and Cas buy him a huge gift like a new tv for his house with Jess. Sam goes to find them later that night, and they’re out on the porch kissing each other’s hands and whispering and shit. Sam shouts, “QUIT CHEESING UP MY LAWN!” and Dean throws him the finger over his shoulder without turning around.
or a vacation to a foreign country (even though Dean hates flying, he’ll do it because Cas looks so excited) like China, and Cas wants to go do EVERYTHING and is moderately fluent in the language of the area. Dean keeps disappearing to buy useless shit (he loves going to the open markets in Beijing to hassle with the vendors), so Cas has to find him again every thirty minutes and convince him to stop wasting money on touristy crap they don’t need.
or the morning before Cas has a huge thing at work and he’s running around the house panicking. Dean slips into the kitchen to make Cas some coffee, grabs Cas as he’s on his way back into the bedroom to change his tie (“Dean, this turquoise makes me look pretentious!”), and starts kissing him all over his face until Cas chills out and kind of melts into Dean’s hug and takes his coffee graciously.
or a trip to the local college library because Cas has some research books he wants to rent out and Dean has to return all of the H. G. Wells he’s been hoarding for weeks, and they somehow find themselves with Cas sitting on Dean’s lap on a corner table making out (but lbr, this always happens). a librarian catches them and they’re almost banned from the library for the rest of their lives, except Cas is actually a smooth mother fucker when he wants to be and uses his unassuming big blue eyes to placate her until she’s rubbing them both on their arms and calling them “dear’s.” Cas is so smug when they get back outside that Dean has to smack him on the ass. wow his husband is a sneaky little shit.
or even just the both of them sitting at a cafe smiling at each other, or every time Dean puts his hands on Cas’s hips and calls him gooey nicknames, or every time Cas gives Dean a back massage when he’s feeling stiff, or every time Sam catches them making out like stupid teenagers in the kitchen, or every time Cas comes home with flowers and Dean blushes like he hates it but they have furious sex that night anyway, or every time Cas is in a bad mood and Dean makes him feel better by putting on a goofy outfit and acting like an idiot until Cas can’t help but laugh, or every time they’re driving in the impala, holding hands.
give me all of those sappy, indulgent, everyday domestic things and i will be a happy, happy person.
just spent like 30 minutes thinking about how Cas and Dean keep getting written into very specific tropes but
Cas is kind of jaded and sarcastic but genuinely noble?? has an appreciation for simple comforts like good weather and small animals? would probably be endearing to most people? isn’t a shrinking violet? can be both gently domestic AND masculine and they’re not mutually exclusive???
and Dean thrives on affection and tactile interaction and would enjoy being a kindergarten teacher or something if he didn’t feel it necessary to hold on to hyper-masculinity? would have been a theater kid in high school probably? loves being around people? loves taking care of people? loves creating (not destroying) things with his hands???
so can we pleeeease have more really nice AU fics where Cas bakes Dean pies and combs his hair and gardens but is also like a fucking cop or former security forces military officer or something? and Dean sits at home reading books with a cup of coffee but also likes building things around the house and holding Cas all the time and playing some adult league basketball on the weekends? pleeeease????
Domestic Destiel Fic Rec List
another list for Liz (this is kinda a multitude of lists, included are domestic au’s and non-au’s and kid!fics for either, no mpreg tho cause I consider that a whole other ball gall)
- Tales From The Bunker Of Domesticity PG-13 (Nesting!) Moments of domesticity between Dean and Cas (and occasionally Sam) in the Men of Letters bunker.
- Gargoyles and Motorcycles NC-17 (AU - kid!fic) After the latest in Dean’s long string of one night stands steals the Impala and totals it, he makes a bet with Sam that he can abstain from sex while he repairs it. But Lisa and Matt’s wedding is coming up and Dean needs a date he’ll never be attracted to. Enter Castiel.
- New Neighbors PG-13 (AU) Castiel and his son move in next door to the Winchesters. Sam invites Castiel to dinner. Castiel completely misunderstands the situation.
- Diners, Drive-Ins, And Dives NC-17 After the apocalypse, Dean’s living with Lisa and earning his keep by cooking dinner. Cas likes that Dean can cook. Dean likes Cas’s company. But they could use a little alone time, and Dean has a lot to learn about what the rest of his life really means.
- The Internet Is For Pie PG-13 Castiel has observed many curious customs of the human species; none is as fascinating as seduction via food.
- The Way To A Man’s Heart NC-17 Dean teaches Cas to cook, and other things as well.
- Near The Corner Of Marion And Apple PG-13 (AU) The first house that Dean and Cas buy is near the corner of Marion Road and Apple Street.
- The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year NC-17 (AU) Castiel doesn’t have a date to the office Christmas party until his best friend Dean volunteers to accompany him. Everyone thinks they’re a couple, but they’re not. At least, not at first.
- First We Are Two PG-13 (AU) For as long as he could remember, Dean wanted a normal family. He wanted to have a house, two parents, Sammy, quiet and above all, normal-ness. He wanted to know that at the end of the day when he came home, that not only was there a home to go to, but that it would be the same place he had been the night before, and the night before that and so on for ever and ever.
- And Now We Are Three Pg-13 (AU - kid!fic) Cas and Dean have a daughter. (goes with the previous fic)
- The Poodle Mix PG-13 (AU) Cas brings home a dog.
- Angel Food Cake PG-13 (AU, not a hunter!dean but still angel!cas) “Sam, it’s called ‘angel food’ for a reason.” Dean attempts to lure out the angel who watches over him while he sleeps.
- How (thanks to Gabriel) Dean and Castiel (accidentally) raised each other (and Sam) NC-17 (AU?) In which, Gabriel meddles with the time line and Castiel becomes Dean’s angel rather sooner than intended.
- The Mirror NC-17 (AU - kid!fic) When Dean touches a strange mirror, he’s whisked away to one alternate reality after another and it doesn’t take him long to realize the universe is trying to tell him something.
- The Manny Diaries PG-13 (AU - kid!fic) Dean has always thought kids were great in an abstract kind of way- he enjoys monkeying around with them, and they- for who knows what reason- like him, but Madeline Meyer stole his heart on a rainy Friday afternoon when she solemnly marched over to him, plopped herself down next to him and told him that Miss Moore had told her that Dean knew why cars worked and she wanted to know, too.
- Babysitter Verse PG-13 (AU - kid!fic) Dean has twin children. Cas is their babysitter.
- It’s Only Monday, Mr. Mom PG-13 (AU - kid!fic)But Dean had been leaning back against a park bench, free beer in hand, when Cas had asked if he could sit down, and well. That was that.
- Switch PG-13 (AU - kid!fic) Claire Novak was in trouble. Her teacher wanted to meet with her parents. Lucky for her, her father had a twin but what happens when her uncle Castiel and her teacher Dean Winchester hit it off?
- Not Usually a Good Thing NC-17 (AU - kid!fic) Five ways Castiel made Dean feel.
- Much More Than a Hunch NC-17 (AU - kid!fic) Dean has twin boys, Castiel has a little girl, they go to daycare together…turns out Dean and Cas have a history that neither have forgotten.
- The Moment Will Keep PG Dean and Cas spend Christmas morning in bed.
- Of Pirate Princesses, Cowboys and Firemen NC-17 (AU - kid!fic) It’s the very peak of autumn and the world is an array of colorful leaves and fresh October air. Imminent Halloween’s got Dean’s mouth watering at the idea of Cas in a western costume - it is NOT a fetish, by the way - and he’s so ready to spend the night ogling Cas until all their candy has been passed out by trick-or-treaters. A happy turn of events has their favorite little girl derailing his less-than-innocent plans with need for a trick-or-treating escorts; naturally Dean and Cas are the only men for the job.
(as per my usual i will most likely add to this list later on)
Twist And ShoutThe Beatles
Castiel has a list. Not a long list, but a list. Things they need to do to make the new house theirs.
The first thing on the list is Paint the Living Room.
“But it’s already painted,” Dean points out helpfully. It’s a deep red, one that makes Dean think of wine and chess and a kind of classiness he’ll never achieve because he still likes pizza and beer.
“I can see that,” Cas answers, rolling his eyes. “But I want to paint it a new colour. You know. Because it’s our living room now.”
Dean doesn’t get Cas’ logic. But he loves him. So he says yes. It’s the only time Dean ever knows the difference between sky blue and azure and sapphire. Two weeks of living in the same house together, and they finally decide on something called True Blue.
The weekend rolls around and Dean wakes with a groan to sunlight streaming into the room and Cas on top of him, dressed in a pair of jeans that are so long they also double as slippers and a shirt that has no less than five holes at the neckline.
“Hey, wake up already,” Cas says, a quick kiss to Dean’s forehead. “Come on, I’m dressed for the occasion.”
“You’re also dressed for the rip-off-your-hideous-clothes-and-let’s-fuck kind of occasion,” Dean points out hopefully. Castiel replies with a scoff and a kiss that’s surprisingly deep, considering Dean just woke up and probably tastes like gross. Cas, for the record, tastes like mint toothpaste.
Castiel manages to get Dean changed into some hobo-looking attire of his own and they get to painting. Which, as it turns out, doesn’t involve all that much painting.
“Hold still,” Dean smiles. “I can’t do it if you’re laughing.”
“Then stop making me laugh.”
“I’m not. I’m not even being funny,” Dean leans down to kiss him and Cas stops laughing for a second to kiss him back. “And I would know. I’m hilarious.”
A single wall is half-painted. Five minutes ago, Dean pinned Castiel to the wall to kiss him, which somehow resulted in this: them painting the outlines of each other to see who’s actually taller. Dean is betting $1.32 that he is, but Cas says that’s because of the angle they were at.
Halfway down Castiel’s right side, he breaks out laughing again and when Dean’s finally done, it’s sort of wonky, but holds to general shape. He steps inside of it and neither of them are surprised to see that it’s a perfect fit.
They’re almost done the second wall when they get hungry. Dean makes toast while Cas looks at delivery flyers. The toaster spits out bread and Dean carries it out into the living room on a plate. Looks at the thing of paint. Looks at the toast. Looks at Cas. Looks back at the toast and the paint and Cas. Castiel starts laughing before Dean says a thing.
“No,” Cas tries to make his way over to him but has to stop to laugh. “Don’t. Please, don’t.”
“I’m not going to dare you.”
“Will you eat it?” Dean asks, half-serious.
“What? No. What is wrong with you?”
“What if I eat it?”
Cas cannot stop laughing. Dean does it with a tip of his hand. They end up with blue toast and use it as sponges for painting before it gets all gross. They order pizza.
Pizza ends up being eaten on the floor. Dean disappears into the bedroom closet to pull out some old boombox from, like, a million years ago and they play that shitty station work places always favour. The Beatles start playing and Dean grabs Cas’ hand. Castiel sings along to half the words wrong and they dance haphazardly across the living room and into the corner, where Dean wraps his arms around Cas’ neck.
“You’re a terrible singer,” he tells him, grinning.
“Shut your pretty mouth, Dean Winchester.”
They fuck in the corner of the half-painted living room that’s theirs, theirs, theirs. Stumble sleepily into the shower after and end up on the goddamn floor that’s also theirs.
“I love you,” Cas says softly, lacing their fingers together.
“I love you more.”
Dean goes to work in the morning. But when he gets home, Twist and Shout is already playing and he tosses the package in his hand to Cas with a smile. Castiel takes one look at it, grins back, and they trade paintbrushes for paint balloons.
And that’s how they painted their living room.
im seeing so much about dean being a cuddleslut today and its making me very happy
but honestly, i dont think dean and cas would have an established big spoon/little spoon. because oh my god, they just want to be all over each-other, like little squishy gay octopuses, and it would become a warm confusing tangle of limbs and legs and you couldn’t even decide who was the big/little spoon because you’re not entirely sure if those are even spoons anymore, more like forks that somebody took a blowtorch to. because dean would just reach out and grab, and love, and touch. but cas is like warm silly putty in the morning, flexible and melding to every way dean’s body twists and turns.
basically i just want my bbys to wrap around each-other and become an indistinguishable love knot, dont look at me.
so today on my way to work I saw these parents walking their kids to kindergarten or daycare and I was thinking what if Dean and Cas's baby girl wanted little pigtail braids in her hair and her daddies took a side each and Dean's side is really carefully done and pretty and Cas's side is terrible because he's so awkward with his hands and he keeps on undoing it and taking too much time and even though her braids are uneven their baby girl loves it so much - just thought I'd share this with you
promtp: fallen!cas and dean freaking out/coming to terms with him starting to age like any other human being?
Dean finds a grey hair on the front of his tee shirt and has a midlife crisis. He’s pushing forty, his back has been through some shit, and his left knee aches for two days before it rains. Now his hair is gonna go salt and pepper like Bobby’s, and Dean’s never gonna get laid again. Which is sort of a stupid thought to have, because Cas comes up behind him in the bathroom and slings his arms around Dean’s waist lazy and familiar.
Yeah, Dean doesn’t really have to worry about cruising for skirt anymore. He turns his head and presses his lips to Cas’s jaw, smiles when the fallen angel grunts against Dean’s shoulder, and the light from the window hits Cas’s mess of dark hair just right. There’s grey blending into the dark brown around Cas’s temples, shooting through the thick, short waves. Dean looks down at his shirt again, plucks the loose hair and frowns at it—too long, too thick to be Dean’s. He panics. “Cas, how old are you?”
Behind him, Cas arches an eyebrow at Dean’s reflection in the bathroom mirror, like Dean is a little ridiculous but Cas indulges him out of love. “Physically? Forty-two. Why?”
“You got grey hairs,” Dean mutters, and now he’s thinking that Cas needs a physical, needs to get his heart checked out and his cholesterol looked at and maybe even a prostate exam, because he’s human now and mundane shit like pneumonia could kill him if it tried hard enough.
Cas shrugs. “It happens. It isn’t important, Dean.” He pauses for a second and frowns. “Unless you’re averse to it…?”
Dean rolls his eyes and kisses Cas soundly. “No, you’re sexy as fuck, like Sean Connery without the accent. It’s just… You’re getting older. You’re aging. You’re not…”
“Immortal anymore?” Cas supplies. They started finishing each others’ sentences a few years ago, and Sam still gags when it happens. Dean nods. “This isn’t news, Dean. It’s going to happen. I’ve watched you age since Hell.”
And yeah, that’s something to put it all into perspective. Dean wonders if Cas ever thought about what would happen to him after the Winchester boys passed on from this finite mortal coil. “Well, we’ll get old together,” Dean declares, because they do everything together, now. “We’ll get a porch swing and twenty cats and yell at the neighborhood kids. It’ll be awesome.”
Cas gives Dean a flat look. “You already yell at the neighborhood kids, Dean. Though the swing might be nice.” He kisses Dean gently and wanders out of the bathroom, and Dean spends the next half an hour double-checking that there’s no silver peeking through the dirty blonde on his head.
Later, Castiel will say the first five days was hell he never wishes to live through again. But if no one’s looking, he’ll to turn and grin. A secret. They tell people they were busy that entire time, what with packing and painting and furniture and dishes and clothing and closets. But they really just wanted the house—their house—to themselves.
“I’m done unpacking,” Dean tells Cas. “What next?”
Castiel glances around the room. Every article of clothing they own is everywhere, in various piles. They don’t have a closet. Well, no. They have a closet. They don’t have hangers. They should buy hangers.
“So, by unpacking,” Castiel says. “Did you mean you were done dumping everything on the floor?”
“Well,” Dean says slowly, registering Cas’ baffled expression. “I mean, it’s not in boxes anymore, right? Doesn’t that count?”
“We don’t have a laundry machine,” Castiel announces. “Bad news?”
“You know,” Dean says, looking up at him. “Maybe the reason we don’t have a laundry machine is because we spent, like, my life savings on this memory foam bed.”
“No,” Castiel says, joining Dean and rolling his eyes. “The reason we don’t have a laundry machine is because you spend more money on pie than you do on real groceries. That’s also the reason we don’t have a fridge.”
Dean swats playfully at Cas’ arm before pulling him into a kiss, undoing the top two buttons of his shirt to mouth at his neck. The shirt comes off.
“Besides,” Dean says softly. “We don’t need a laundry machine, anyway.”
“Dean,” Cas says loudly. “I am going to punch you in the mouth.”
“I’m sorry!” Dean says. “I slipped!”
The ugly vase they got from Castiel’s brother is on the floor in pieces. For the record, Dean did not slip. Also for the record, the vase is ten times ugly than it actually sounds.
“You did not.”
“I did. I swear.” Dean crosses his heart. “Are you mad?”
“Start running, Winchester.”
Castiel chases his him up the stairs, through the bedroom, back down and snags him by the arm in the living room. They collapse onto the floor, laughing, and Dean is kissing him before Cas can turn away.
“Sorry about the vase.”
“It was ugly, wasn’t it?”
“Try this,” Dean says, waving the spoon in Cas’ face. It’s a sauce. They were supposed to make spaghetti, but forgot the stove wasn’t supposed to be here ‘til tomorrow. So Dean is eating sauce out of the jar.
“Dean, no. Stop it. You’re gross.”
“Cas. Cas, I am so serious. It’s so good.”
“It looks gross.”
“If it’s so amazing, why don’t you marry it?”
Dean smirks, raises an eyebrow. He puts the spoon down on the kitchen table (they have a table!), raises both hands in defense.
“Fine. Kiss me.”
“Ew, no. Dean, I’m not stupid. You taste like your gross sauce.”
“You don’t even have to eat the sauce. Just kiss me. Would you kiss me? Cas. Cas. Please kiss me.”
“Please. I love you. Please. I want to kiss you so bad right now. I love kissing you. Kiss me. Kiss me kiss me kiss me.”
Castiel refuses. Somehow, he ends up kissing Dean anyway. Dean is right. It tastes great.
They play Marco Polo in the dark. They have practically no furniture, so it’s okay, but they do have walls, and Dean hears Castiel laugh every time he bumps into one.
“Shut up. Marco.”
“Polo.” Dean reaches out an arm. Nope. Another wall.
“Cas, you’re hiding. Are you just standing there? I can’t even hear you move.”
“I’m moving! Polo.”
“Oh. Is that you?”
“No, it’s your other boyfriend who lives with you.”
“Cute. Come here. Hi.”
“I love you, too, Dean.”
The first five days were the best.