DIY Glitter Shoes
all you need is:
- any type of shoes
- any color glitter, you can purchase it from your local craft store
- fabric or jewel glue, make sure that it dries clear
- a brush
- newspaper to help you from making a mess
Brush a good amount of glue on the shoe and spread it around with the brush, then cover that area with glitter and repeat until the whole shoe is covered with glitter. Its best if you hold the shoe by the heel for a good grip. After you’re done you will notice that you can still see the shoe underneath so you should let the first coat dry well for a few hours and apply one or two more coats and voila you’re done!
this is an awesome idea for your own wedding shoes, bridesmaids shoes, or even shoes for a night on the town. enjoy!
DIY: Teardrop Balloon Luminaries
Create these luminaries out of balloons and wax instead of buying vases you’ll never use again!
You will need:
high melt paraffin wax
a cookie sheet
- Fill balloon with tepid water.
- Melt wax in the double boiler to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly dip balloon into the wax, hold it for a few seconds.
- Withdraw the balloon, wait a minute or two, and then repeat step 3 a few more times.
- While the waxy balloon is still warm, set it on the cookie sheet to flatten the bottom. Repeat step 3 a few more times to get the wax to about a thickness of 1/4” to 1/2” thick.
- Set the balloon on the cookie sheet and let it cool.
- When the wax is cooled completely, pop the balloon, holding it over a sink and facing it away from you. (so you don’t get burned in case of splash)
- To even off the top, heat the cookie sheet slightly on the stove top and invert the luminary, melting the top edges a bit.
- Pop in a tea light, and you’re done!
How awesome is that??? Brides- will you be creating these for your wedding???