Follow posts tagged #diy earrings in seconds.Sign up
DIY Tassle Earrings
I’ll be showing/teaching you on how to make a DIY Tassle Earrings.
I’m seeing lots of celebrity,blogger and fashion afficionado here in the Philippines that wears accessories having tassles on it. I look online and in malls for those kinds of accessories and it’s a bit expensive. So,i felt a little creative and decided to make one for myself. :)
Things Needed for this DIY are the following:
- Any old pair dangling earrings or those that you’re not using anymore earrings,just like these but make sure it has holes at the edge/bottom of the earrings.
- Tassle ( whichever color you prefer) It looks like these when you purchase them on any craft/fabric store.
It seems like a thick thread if you took it off from the thing that makes it compact.
- Round-nose pliers (you will need these because you’re gonna take off the dangling or the detailing of your earrings,you’ll know what i mean during the process.
Before we proceed in making the tassle earrings, i’ll show you first how you can attach the tassle to the earrings. Just follow this steps and your’re good to go. I will be demonstrating it with a DMC thread and with the help of a pen.
Make sure that the both ends of the tassle is equal and I’ll recommend you to have it longer so you can trim off the excess and make it on your desired length.
Make like sort of a loop,as you can see in the photo.
Put the pen over the thread and get the ends of the thread then insert it to the loop/hole. (make sure that when you get the ends run it over the pen)
So,here’s how it looks like after doing the following steps.
- Take off the thing that is attached with your old earrings,just like what i did on one of the earrings. (If you are having a hard time removing those beads,use the pliers and it’ll make it easy to removed.)
- After taking those all off,insert the tassle through each holes and follow the #DEMOSTRATION above.
And after repeating the process,it will look like this.
See? it’s coming together. Pretty easy huh? :)
Voila! Here’s your new and improve earrings. Old pair of earrings turned into an updated accessories. Try to make one for yourself. It’s easy and fun.
Paperclips + String = Modern Earrings
Take a fun challenge to work with paperclips. You can’t get much more mundane than a paperclip! If you have paperclips and some pretty cotton string, you can create these beauties. They’d probably look pretty cool as a necklace too.