Steak and Avocado Salsa
Steak Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Olive oil brushed onto outside of steak
Mix all dry rub ingredients together in a large bowl. Place each steak directly into the dry rub mixture and make sure each side is well coated, rubbing the dry rub into the stead. Let the steaks sit for at least 30 minutes. Coat each side with a bit of olive oil before the steaks hit the grill. We used top sirloin but this dry rub is great on rib eyes and flank steak too!!
- 4 avocados, diced
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve on top of your steaks!
I used primarily lime with just a little bit of lemon juice for the avocado salsa, as I love lime with avocado, and it was delicious.
Layered Taco Dip
So I just went through a bunch of different recipes and collected any ingredients that someone has tried in a layered taco dip, in the amounts that seem to be based around “the smallest size most of the ingredients are purchasable in”.
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (px note, refried beans are frequently not gluten-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa or picante sauce
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes (chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
16 ozs small curd cottage cheese