DesireDriven Act 2 Progress (April 16th, 2013)
Hello, this is your Deekay speaking. We’re not dead yet! Here’s a small preview of some things you can expect later on down the road for Act 2!
(the picture above is a work in progress, and is not final)
There’s lots of custom resources being worked on for this Act because we’re really going for an RPG-esque game this time. We’re also hard at work on the tiles, because there’s gonna be a LOT of different areas for you to explore in this act, which is why we added a new member on board to help us out with the graphics.
(the picture above is just a concept of the battle system)
To fit the RPG-esque theme, we’re changing the way the game flows and switching the battle system you got a glimpse of in Act 1 to something much different. Characters will have skills and equipment to help them in battle as well as partners and alchemizable items.
Also for those of you who haven’t played Act 1 of DesireDriven yet, you can find it by clicking this link.
Tips for designing your first game!
- Start really small and really simple.
- Don’t worry if it’s good or not, just try something and try to see it through to the end! You’ll have more time and better experience after to make better games!
- Try old concepts and ideas and just fiddle around with them! No harm in trying something with old tropes and genres.
- Have fun with it!
- Don’t worry if your art/writing/programming/whatever isn’t up to par. It’s why we practice, so we get better at such things!
- Drink lots of fluids and make sure you eat breakfast. This is really important for indie developers.
- Again, have fun with it, that’s really the biggest piece of advice I can give. So just have at it, make some things, and enjoy it for what it’s worth, man!