- dean: hey sammy i gotta talk to you about something
- sam: k
- dean: so...so it's like this all right
- dean: you know how i love pie the best
- sam: *sigh* yes i know how you love pie the best
- dean: yeah, i always did. since i can remember.
- dean: and if anybody ever even asked me to eat cake--
- sam: you'd throw a bitch fit
- dean: i'd politely decline, shut up sammy i'm talking
- dean: anyway, all my life it was pie and not cake, not ever.
- dean: but imagine that one day this cake came into my life
- dean: this really amazing cake
- dean: like it looks like the most delicious thing to sit on a plate
- dean: plucked from god's own dessert tray if you will
- dean: and i'm like, damn, i need to eat this cake right now
- dean: and it's not like i don't still love pie, right, like pie is still awesome
- dean: but this cake looks so good that i might never eat pie again
- dean: i could see myself making sweet love to this cake for the rest of my life
- sam: dean wat
- sam: what are you even saying
- dean: i might be a little bit gay for cas
- CASTIEL: Why take my grace? Why not yours?
- METATRON: It had to be your grace, Castiel. The first trial was to kill a Nephilim, the result of the love between a human and an angel. The second trial was to fetch cupid's bow, an angel with the power to make two humans fall in love. So, you understand why it had to be your grace to sacrifice for the third trial.
- CASTIEL: I'm not sure I do understand.
- METATRON: The third trial, Castiel. 'An angel who can love a human above all else is to sacrifice his grace.'
Cas randomly starts to cry because he’s not used to the weight of full human emotions and Dean wraps his arms around Cas, hugging him tight, comforting
“Shh, it’s okay Cas. I know. I’ve got you. It’s okay, angel.” which only makes Cas cry harder
“But I’m not an angel anymore, Dean!” he sobs
Dean kisses his forehead and just squeezes him tighter, “You’ll always be my angel.”