Nerd Rant # 2: Darkstalkers 4
Let’s face it Capcom…we need a Darkstalkers 4. Revamped characters and stages, plus actual explanations for what happened in DS3. In my rant, I’m focusing on the four characters I like most: Morrigan, Lilith, Demitri and Jedah. Let’s start with what we know as FACT (which isn’t much, Capcom), and what could possibly be incorporated into a new DS game:
Repost: Fighting Game Rumors 6/01/12 (with tags)
Big Ole’ Post of Fighting Game Rumors:
Ono’s Next Project/ Darkstalkers 4:
After a lengthy petition during promotion of sfxtekken Ono shoed this at comic-con
But there wasn’t any sort of real confirmation of the titel even till now. Until that is venture beat (who previously spoiled other games found this tidbit)
Then an employee of capcom europe posted this on twitter (it was deleted)
“This is copy pasta from a deleted thread over at Capcom Europe, by the way:
Taken from an employee of Capcom UK. No one wants to go public because Capcom are really fucking furious about SF X T in general and they don’t want to piss off Sony either (Even though they are really mad).
But the sequence is apparently
- Capcom sees progress on the game is not good around the 70% milestone. Too far to can the game and they need it finished to return the investment. Tells Ono to scale it back so it can be finished without incident or Delay to hit their Financial year
- Ono wants his team moved on as soon as possible because he wants to be done with it as well and tells them to do the DLC now, have it finished so they can move onto what is assumed to be Darkstalkers 4 so they can work on that to full capacity. So they finish the characters so they can be released as needed
- Capcom sees they have 12 characters in the bank and inks the deal with Sony since it’s a good selling point for the Vita and Sony pays big bucks for exclusives
- Soon after the team gets the compatability patch ready to cert early only to find that Sony has completely blocked them. Sony says absolutely no compatibility patches at all (remember the Super SF4 costumes?). Capcom pitches a fit because they signed the exclusive and they know what happened last time with MvC3 when they did on disc DLC. Microsoft OK’s all the patches but with the fee of £500,000 for the big 12 character pack.
- Capcom and Ono decide it’s not worth fighting Sony or paying Microsoft and just ship it with everything on the disc so it can be certified later on because they want rid of it and for it to be over with.
- Game comes out, Fiasco happens when it’s easily hacked and Capcom takes all the brunt of everything. Capcom are pissed because their public image took a blow because Sony were being whiny bitches about some bandwith
Also they wouldn’t have been finished on time before the game went into content complete status. The dev cycle was far too short and allegedly really badly managed. So Capcom kept working on them till they were finished while they were still in full production while working on the final push for QA and certification. They were done before the game went gold and were being prepared for a patch to be certified till Sony said no. The patch was just dumped onto the disc with the rest of the game which would be unlocked with a key after the Vita release.
Every publisher does the same. EA’s Battlefield 3 exclusive pretty much strongarmed Sony into it because they pretty much said “We do what we like or we release on 360 first”.
Where Capcom fucked up is that they signed the exclusive with Sony and let Sony dictate the terms of the deal. They had nothing to bargain with on the 360 version because the characters were exclusive to the PSV version so Sony were able to bully them into no compatibility patch and putting the DLC on the disc.
Capcom were fucking dumb and the cash grab caught them out when they had to play by Sony’s terms. Now they are probably going to lose even more money on SFxT due to how stupid they were.
Wondering why 360 is getting exclusive DLC for Operation Raccoon City and why its version of Dragon’s Dogma is getting the DLC first?
There’s your answer.”
The final rumor came by Ayano…Who seems to be implying something. Ono is supposedly walking around well enough. He will be at E3 this year.
Another part of this rumor is that Darkstalkers uses a modified version of the SfxTekken engine.
Big Band: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls/BigBand
Rumors have been going around that Big band will become character in skullgirls. The dev teams are self termed Kuroda fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUhxKTVszQ). They describe Big band as Q, but he doesn’t suck. He is rumored to have an African sounding voice acter.
Apparently the first promotional material the dev team showed to konami included this bug ape…expect him sooner rather than later.
Beowulf: Famous pro wrestker within the skullgirls universe. Uses a chair called the hurting/the pain/the punisher. Themed after Kamina from gurren laggen.
Sguiley: New rumor taht squiggley fights like zappa from gg mixed with chun and hsien ko. http://m200.photobucket.com/albums/SingerOfW/Art%20dump/Squigly/?src=www&start=all
Niitsuma’s new game:
The team has moved onto new things.
Niitsuma is going to be at evo this year.
There was a friend of a friend type rumor amongst pros about a patch after evo 2k12.
As always Niitsuma after ultimate mentioned that he would have liked their to be 58 characters in ultimate marvel. Svennson has repeated several times lately that the vita version was supposed to be the last support.
There is no real evidence towards them not making it bar taking their word at face value, but that doesn’t mean the absense of evidence…(it really isn’t going to happen more than likely.)
This could literally be anything really from tatsunoko 2 to some sort of new game.
Atlus and Snk posted these:
There was an additional rumor something to do with additional voices found on the disk, but they were all just terrible american voices.
Playstation Battle Royale:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/18/snake-drake-and-cole-confirmed-for-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale Here you have what essentially confirmes Snake, Drake, and Cole.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/02/nariko-yorda-coming-to-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/ This link shows what appears a wip of yorda and nariko, from heavenly sword and ico respectively.
Paul Gale has also hinted at 007 and Jak from Jak and Daxter in the last while.
He also hinted that the majority of the characters would be revealed at E3..(which I doubt.)
Pro fighting game players clockwork, Ed ma, and maj are confirmed to be working on the title.
One the character sir dan fortescue his created said this http://i46.tinypic.com/sdpbo6.jpg[/IMG which may or may not be a good thing.
Darkstalkers 4, anyone?
I love rumours, especially when they seem reliable and concern games that I’d kill to play. Case in point: a new installment in the Darkstalkers franchise. Since Street Fighter 4, fans have requested and prayed for a Darkstalkers revival and it now looks as if the relevant powers have heard our cries.
An inside source has confirmed that the game has been in production since last year. With the Street Fighter 4 engine going from strength-to-strength, this seems like a very real possibility. Oh, and Yoshinori Ono is supposedly on board, too.