7-day Diet Plan
Okay, so I saw this diet plan on my high school teacher’s Facebook and I think people might try this as well. It’s a 7-day diet plan (as the title says, duh): an all-you-can-eat fruits and veggies diet with a bit of beef meat in the later part. I’ll try to do this next week once my teacher is done. Haha. But for all you people who wants to try it in the next three days, it’s quite costly with all the fruits and vegetables’ prices increasing. You might want to give this one a try though, then give us the feedback! :D
**Edit: I’ve found out that this is what you call the General Motors Diet, created by General Motors for its employees and their families.**
During the first seven days you must abstain from all alcohol.
You must drink 10 glasses of water each day.
All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want. It is strongly suggested that you consume lots of melons the first day. Especially watermelon and a loupe. If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three lbs. on first day are very good.
All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the amount or type. For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.
A mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet. No potatoes today.
Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. This will be combined with the special soup which may be eaten in limited quantities.
Today is feast day. You will eat beef and tomatoes. Eat two 10 oz.portions of lean beef. Hamburger is OK. Combine this with six wholetomatoes. On day five you must increase your water intake by one quart. This is to cleanse your system of the uric acid you will be producing.
Beef and vegetables. Today you may eat an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables. Eat to your hearts content.
Today your food intake will consist of brown rice, fruit juices and all the vegetables you care to consume.
A thought for cosplayers.
I’ve been neglecting Tumblr like crazy. I plan to start using it a little more, because I’ve REALLY missed it, but not as much as I did. That aside, I had something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately, and wanted to share.
A small request for the ladies:
A lot of us have conventions coming up, and inevitably that means there’s going to be the usual crash-diet posts. I see them before every con, and every time they make me sad.
These diets where you starve yourself for a few days, “cleanse” with tea and lemon water for several meals, and basically lose a bunch of water weight or a few quick starvation pounds do nothing but hurt you. They lower your immunity (rash of con-plagues, anyone?), make you tired, give you dark circles under your eyes and sunken cheeks, and also makes you cranky (SUPER fun to be with THAT girl at a convention). You’re not making a difference in your waistline, it’s all in your head. No one at the con gives a shit, no one who sees your photos cares. Anyone who would say anything mean about your weight is just looking for someone to shove, anyway—you could weigh 100 pounds less and they’d still find something to attack, we all know that. It also has the opposite effect you want…starving your body means it’s going to think it’s starving (duh), so for the next week when you eat it’s going to hoard calories like it’s going out of style.
If you want to lose weight for yourself (not for a freaking costume), that’s great! Do it in a healthy way. Exercise, eat RIGHT, get protein, take vitamins, fruit and veggies, blahblah that’s a whole other post. But stop this instant starvation garbage.
You also need to take into consideration who’s reading your posts. If you’re a cosplayer a lot of others look up to, they’re going to think that starving yourself a few days before a con is a GREAT IDEA. They’re going to think you know better, and do it to themselves. This is a BAD THING.
Stop worrying about it so much. Accept yourself, rock your costumes, and SMILE. That makes every costume look better. When you’re old you wish you were just having fun, not analyzing your thighs all of the time. We all have stuff we dislike about ourselves and pick apart about ourselves, I’m certainly no exception. But I’ve been trying for a long time to be kinder to myself and let things go, and I’m enjoying life a lot more because of it. I hope you can, too.
The Cardiac Diet
The cardiac diet, which is also referred to as the 3-day diet, is often used in hospitals for cardiac patients who need to lose a significant amount of weight before going into surgery. The diet is based on a 3-day on/4-day off plan. The patient follows the diet strictly for three days, and then eats normally for four days. The plan is repeated as necessary, with a possible weight loss of 10 pounds per week. The diet must be followed exactly, and only salt, pepper, and ketchup can be added. No sugar is allowed, and eight glasses of water should be drunk each day. The following is one variation of this diet.Day One
- Breakfast-Coffee or tea, one piece of toast with one tablespoon of peanut butter, and a half of a grapefruit.
- Lunch-Five crackers and one-half cup of tuna, coffee or tea.
- Supper-Three ounces of meat, one cup of green beans, one cup of carrots, one small apple, one-half cup of vanilla ice cream, coffee or tea.
- Breakfast-Coffee or tea, one boiled egg, one piece of toast, one small apple.
- Lunch-Once piece of toast and one-half cup of tuna, coffee or tea.
- Supper- Three ounces of meat, one cup of green beans or broccoli, one cup of carrots, one small apple, one-half cup of vanilla ice cream, coffee or tea.
- Breakfast- Coffee or tea, one boiled egg, one piece of toast, one cup of cantalope.
- Lunch- Once piece of toast or slice of cheese and one-half cup of tuna, coffee or tea
- Supper- Two frankfurters, one cup of green beans or broccoli, one cup of carrots, one small apple, one-half cup of vanilla ice cream, coffee or tea.
Vegetables make me fat. (True Story)
- Me: (Over hearing a conversation)
- Girl 1: I will eat this half of the sandwich and save the other half for later. I don't wanna be fat. I am trying to stay on this diet. OMGEEE Like it is so hard....
- Girl 2: Like...me too.
- Random Guy (being helpful): Vegetables are great foods to eat if you are on a diet.
- Girl 2: Yeah he is right, Girl 1.
- Girl 1: Nawh, vegetables me fat...
- Girl 2: (grimaces)
- Random Guy: ...
- Me (in my head): ಠ_ಠ What has society done...