Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
I work with funny people.
- Francesca: So I started Game of Thrones this weekend.
- Bobby: How far along are you?
- Francesca: Four episodes. But I've already been spoiled so I know who dies. And I don't know anyone's names.
- Adam: (walks in)
- Bobby: Well, people just keep on dying and you'll never know anyone's name. It's like, "Oh, the incest king. Oh, the bastard. Oh, the dragon lady."
- Adam: You guys talkin' about Girls?
inadvertently alienating your coworkers
There comes a time in every young person’s life when every ounce of vitality must be sucked out of them by an office job. (This isn’t, strictly speaking, true, but for our purposes let’s assume Every Young Person is a humanities major and also way too scared to follow their real dreams, i.e., somehow turning writing jokes into a paid career. Just a weird, random example. Unrelated to anyone I
Now, working in an office can be extremely gratifying if you are a huge idiot with no dreams, but many people require something more.
That something, of course, is inadvertently alienating your coworkers. Here are a few good ways to do it:
- Listen to music that isn’t in English
- Talk problems through out loud to yourself, but quietly? Still kind of quietly, but definitely audibly aloud
- Refuse to click any Family Guy YouTubes
- If someone emails a meme around, roll your eyes really really hard
- Every time someone sends you a BuzzFeed link, don’t click it and reply in kind with a FeedBuzz link
- Become chemically addicted to the rush you get from saying “YOLO”
Hope these tips are helpful to all of my friends who will spend half a year temping if they are lucky! YOLO!