Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Helpful Cosplay links:
Wigs: (I highly recommend always wearing a wig while cosplaying)
epiccosplay wigs (my favorite wig sellers. Great customer service)
Cream makeup, body paint and sfx makeup
For the question “which character should I cosplay?”
(just enter in character details at the top of the page)
(numbers represent different parts or methods)
shields (you can alter it to be any shape you want and you can use something besides a dish)
Wig dyeing pigtails 1 fixing a wig spikes 1 bangs (It may be better to cut a strand of the bangs for reference while you have it on and then cut the rest when its pinned to a wig head) Wearing a wig with long hair
Tutorials: Wing Resources
Wings can be really awesome parts of a costume! They can be really challenging though, so here is a list of tutorials for those interested in making a set!
- Here’s a tutorial on small feathered wings.
- Kudrel-Cosplay made a tutorial on a realistic wing set that can be made in different sizes!
- AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle made a tutorial on a large pair of feathered wings.
- Here’s a tutorial on large, rounded wings.
- Here’s a tutorial on making light-weight paper wings by ElenaLeetah
- Sunnybrook1 made a 5-part tutorial on how she made realistic bird wings to fit over her arms.
Articulated Wings: (Wings that move)
- Here is a tutorial on how to make framework for articulated wings. There’s also a video that shows them in motion!
- Tusense cosplay made a few videos on how to make folding wings.
- Here’s a blog dedicated to his progress/method he used to make his angel wings. They fold and have no visible harness!
- Here is a harness tutorial by HCC Cosplay.
If anyone has any other resources they’d like to share, feel free to submit it to me and I’ll add it here! Also don’t forget about my master list of tutorials for anything else!
To give credit where it’s due, I found quite a few of these resources through The Dangerous Ladies and Momentai-Rawr. :)
Terezi Cosplay Tutorials *COMPLETE*
COSPLAY WIGS 101: Knowing the Beast, Part 2
Now that you know the inner structure of a wig, let’s apply that knowledge a little! Part 2 provides examples of common varieties of cosplay wigs available on the market, and briefly what each of those style-families is used for.