Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
30 COSPLAY QUESTIONS: PUT A NUMBER (or numbers) IN MY BOX AND I WILL ANSWER (maybe even with a photo)!
1. Your first cosplay.
2. How many costumes have you done?
3. Your most recent cosplay?
4. Your favourite cosplay (that you have done)
5. The character you have cosplayed that is most similar to you (if none that you have cosplayed, then one that you will cosplay)
6. Your cosplay plans for the rest of the year (if you have no more for this year, then do next year!)
7. The dream cosplay that might just happen.
8. The dream cosplay that will never happen.
9. Something cosplay-related that you will never do (eg. crossplay, cosplay from a certain series)
10. Your cosplay idol.
11. Your cosplay specialty (ie. something that seems to apply to a large amount of your cosplays, it could be a specific series, or a common feature in their appearance, such as glasses)
12. Your cosplay-making habits (eg. singing while working on cosplay)
13. Your least favourite thing about cosplay?
14. Do you belong to any cosplay groups? If so, what are they?
15. What events have you cosplayed to? Future event plans?
16. What is your best cosplay memory?
17. What is your worst cosplay memory?
18. Have you won any cosplay awards?
19. Your best cosplay derp photo!
20. Have you worn cosplay in a regular situation? (eg. at school, to work)
21. Your most expensive cosplay.
22. Your most comfortable cosplay and most uncomfortable cosplay.
23. The cosplay you put the most effort into?
24. Any unfinished costumes? Will you ever finish them?
25. How many wigs do you own? Which is your favourite?
26. Where do you work on your cosplays and where do you store them when they’re done?
27. What is your favourite cosplay item?
28. Cosplay peeves/things you are particular about
29. Something you want to improve on for future cosplays.
30. Cosplay-related work you are most naturally talented at (ie: sewing, prop-making, wigstyling, etc)
How did you do your crabmunicator? I'm trying to figure out the best way to make it. :) Sorry if you've already answered this; I looked through your blog, I might have missed it.
I used model magic for the round base and claws and let them dry for several days. I used sculpey for the legs and baked them in the oven until they were solid. (DO NOT BAKE MODEL MAGIC)
i used beads for the connecting the legs to the body. I’d recommend using superglue or something more permanent than hot glue tho that’s what i used cause i was impatient bahaha
Next you paint it, I used purple Short-Cuts spray paint
The eyes were green light bulbs from Radioshack and the wrist band i sewed a purple covering over a leather strap and velcroed it shut.
And your done! I would used a small box to carry around when going to a convention because this is still a very delicate prop but good luck!
What is cosplay anyway...?
well anon, here are just a few ways i could think of to define cosplay:
- halloween on expert mode
- loving a character so much you want to be them all the time
- crying in a pile of crepe-back satin in 4 different colors
- making friends who will never recognize you without a wig and a fuckton of makeup
- working really hard to make money and placing paychecks directly into the garbage disposal
- selling your soul to ebay
- waking up on day and realizing that you became a seamstress, model, hair stylist, jeweler, cosmetologist, sculptor, painter, etc all for the sake of one hobby.
this is a rather brief list off the top of my head, if anyone would like to add their input feel free.
102 Questions (nicked from Cosplay Kobo)
(CHARLIE HERE SAW THIS ON COSPLAY.COM THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD)
”100 Questions About Your Cosplay Lifestyle and Manners
There are no right answers to any of these questions. Quite a few can be answered with a simple “yes” or “no”, but there are at least three more ways to answer any one of them. Of course, every answer has its reason and every reason has a story. Our goal isn’t to pass judgement, but to get you thinking about these questions. If this questionairre starts a dialogue on manners, then we’ve done our job.
General Cosplay Questions
1) What’s the best part of cosplay for you?
2) Do you use the term “kameko” (“camera-kid”)?
3) Do you read event catalogs?
4) Do you rsvp to events?
5) Do you want to attend more events? Or are you content to remain in your local area?
6) Do you use color contacts?
7) Do you make your own costumes or do you buy them?
8) Do you stick to one genre?
9) Do you think that when cosplaying, one should stick to the genre of a given event?
10) Does it bother you when people break genre?
11) Does it bother you when people know nothing about the series they’re cosplaying?
12) Does it bother you if people only know a little about the series they’re cosplaying?
13) Does it bother you if people are familiar with the series, but have no affection for the character they’re cosplaying?
14) Does it bother you if someone else is cosplaying the same character you are?
15) Do you like posed shots?
16) Do you like candid shots?
17) Do you think cosplaying characters from adult games or pornographic material is in bad taste?
18) If there’s a problem at an event, do you jump to conclusions about the parties involved?
19) How many times do you cosplay in one month?
20) Do you go to photo shoots?
21) Have you ever been included in a cosplay CD-ROM?
22) Is casual cosplay okay?
23) Are you okay with your face appearing on the internet?
24) Do you find yourself thinking people are “too old” for cosplay? How old is too old?
25) Do people who walk around in gothic lolita fashion bug you?
26) Do you think Chinese dresses count as “cosplay”?
27) What bothers you the most about cosplay?
28) Do you think it’s important to be “in character”?
29) Does it make you nervous to be eyed by regular visitors at a public event?
30) Do pre-scheduled cosplay appearances by popular cosplayers annoy you?
31) Do you tell other people your best locations for shoots?
32) Do you put on your makeup before your wig or after?
33) Do you know a lot about the series’ you cosplay?
34) Do you wear costumes only once or many times?
35) When you’ve decided what costume to do next, do you share that information with other people?
36) Do you want to be in cosplay magazines?
37) What’s the most important part of cosplay for you?
Event Participation Questions
38) How active are you cosplaying in your own community?
39) What do you wear on the day of an event?
40) Do you eat lunch on event days?
41) Do you eat breakfast before attending events?
42) How long does it take you to change?
43) Do you think it looks geeky to attend an event with a big SLR camera?
44) What camera do you use? A compact? An SLR?
45) Are you afraid of cameramen? Are you cool with them?
46) Are you one of the first to line up to get inside?
47) Do you not mind showing up late?
48) Do you have a small after party or a huge get-together?
49) Do you like karaoke?
50) Are you tolerant of bad singers?
51) Do topics unrelated to animation and manga bug you? Or do you think it’s okay to talk about anything at all?
52) Do you eat lunch while inside event areas?
53) Can you handle the cold?
54) Do you buy doujinshi at events?
55) Do you make doujinshi to sell at events?
56) Do you have a group that participates in group events?
57) Are you a member of a cosplay circle/club?
58) When the event is over, how late do you stay out?
59) If a new face approaches you at an event and takes up a few minutes of your time, are you annoyed?
60) Do you go to cosplay dance parties?
61) Do you think your Layer status is higher than others if a lot of people want to take your picture? Does it bother you not to have your photo taken as much as you think you deserve?
62) Do you get jealous of other cosplayers having a lot of pictures taken of them?
63) You’re asked for a picture but have something else to do, do you refuse?
64) When you take pictures of people at events, do you give them all copies of the prints or data?
Photo Shoot Questions
65) (at a studio or shoot) Do you give a copy of each photo to all of the participants in it?
66) How do you approach photo shoots? As a chance to gather with friends and goof off or as a meeting to take nice pictures?
67) Are you particular about how you look in the test shots before the shoot? Do you mind how you look in general?
68) When you take photos, do you prefer shots from the front or odder angles?
69) Are you bothered by recieving lots of photos? Are you happy?
70) When you take photos, do you photograph only people you know personally and like? Or do you look for other people with great costumes to photograph too?
71) Do you wander around to meet people at events or do you keep to your own group?
72) How many photos do you usually take with your own camera?
73) How many photos do you usually take for others?
74) Do you mind if people resize or crop the pictures you’ve taken to make them look better?
75) Do you crop and resize pictures others have taken for you?
76) Have you ever set up a photo shoot by yourself?
77) Do you check shoot information beforehand?
78) Do you like it when there are a lot of people in the shoot area? Or do you prefer small events?
79) What size (how many people) is the best for a shoot?
80) What time of day do you like to take photos?
81) Do you prefer indoor or outdoor shots?
82) Which do you dislike more - hot weather or cold weather?
83) Do you know any cameramen?
84) Do you eat in the photo area?
85) Do you like taking parts-shots? Or do you dislike them?
86) Do you retouch your photos?
87) Are you annoyed by people who don’t retouch their photos?
88) Do you use reflectors?
89) Which is worse ~ breaking the rules and getting great pictures, or following them and getting poor ones?
90) Why are your friends your friends?
91) If you hang out for one day, do you consider yourselves friends?
92) Do you give copies of your photos to others?
93) Do you want to make more friends?
94) Do you at least remember the names of people you meet at events?
95) Do you find yourself adjusting your behavior to that of the character you’re cosplaying when dealing with people dressed as characters your character knows?
96) Do you recieve permission every time you post a photo of someone else online?
97) Do you get angry if a foreign site links to your page? Or are you flattered?
98) Are you happy to get mail from Layers overseas or does it scare you?
99) Do you try to increase your web sites’ contents/hits? Or doesn’t it matter to you?
100) Do you not particularly care who links to you? Or do you ask people not to link without permission?
101) Do you credit the location or studio when posting photo shoot images?
What do you think people who have “good cosplay manners” are like?”
okay quick cosplay q
so I need to order my trickster terezi wig and it looks like Arda won’t get here in time and I don’t have the cash for it
HOWEVER I do have the money for this one
do you think it’d look cool?????
This may be an awkward question for some of you, however…
To other female cosplayers on here… Does anyone have good recommendations for bras that don’t show in the front?
I need one for my Paddra Nsu Yeul (FFXIII-2) cosplay (since there’s that big hole in the middle of her shirt, right between her boobs…
so yeah, I can’t wear a regular bra, for obvious reasons, and my cup size is a D (getting pretty close to DD) so I can’t wear those silicon gel cups that stick on because I’d have zero support :/
Would I just have to try to create a shelf bra inside part of the shirt and use garment tape to keep my breasts in place?
Any help would be much appreciated! :3