Tuesday Back Fat!
You know the Dora song, “backpack backpack……backpack backpack?” Well for years now when ever I am doing an exercise and I can feel my love handles jiggling I sing in my head, “back fat, back fat…….. back fat, back fat.” For some reason it really takes the focus off the hard work I ‘m doing and puts the focus on WHY I am doing it……… Stupid back fat!
Okay so really this is a core routine, which focuses on your abs, love handles, and lower back. All of these need to be worked to have an awesome core! I’d show you mine but it’s covered in stretch marks……..also awesome!!
* You will try to keep your feet off the ground throughout this whole ab routine. There are 4 exercises. You will start off doing each exercise once. Then you will repeat the sequence doing each exercise twice, then you repeat and do each exercise 3 times. You will continue doing this all the way up to 10.
If you get tired, you can turn on your stomach and do 10 pulsing super mans; then turn back over and continue with abs. You can turn on your stomach to do pulsing super-mans as many times as you need. Try to keep your feet off the ground the whole time, even when you are switching between exercises.
(thanks to Phillip Hartshorn from Youtube for sharing this Ab workout)
1. Body-weight Crunch
2. Body-weight Toe Touch
3. Toes to Sky(you lift the bottom half up towards the sky)
4. Body weight Twist (Russian) You will NOT need a weight
Here is an image of the pulsing Superman if you need to do that in between.
After you have completed the Ab workout you will move on to the next routine
1.Dead Lift with Straight Legs
2.Dead Lift with Bent Legs
3. Body-weight Alternating Superman
4. Weight side bends on Left Side
5. Weight side bends on Right Side
*1 minute for each exercise. Repeat round 3x
As if this wasn’t enough already, add 20 minutes of swimming laps!