TSK: Second (class) Opinion
- Cranquis *preparing to do an eye-dye black-light exam*: So did you sleep with your contacts the night before you woke up with painful red eyes?
- 18-year-old patient *defensive*: Yep.
- Cranquis: You shouldn't sleep with your contacts in. Even the ones which are sold as "ok to sleep with" can still increase your chances of getting corneal ulcers and infections.
- Patient *using a tone of voice which implies I'm a dummy*: Well, I've always slept with them in, and I've never had a problem.
- Cranquis *peering through the black-light scope*: Until now.
- Patient *using her voice to roll her eyes, since her actual eyes need to be still for the exam*: The contacts aren't the problem. I asked my friends, and they said it's just allergies in my eyes.
- Cranquis: Hmm. Well in that case, you've got allergy-induced corneal ulcers -- and darned if they don't look just like the ones that you get from sleeping with contact lenses.