“His heroic actions cannot be overstated. When faced with a presumed incidence of domestic violence, he responded by attempting rescue. When he realises the true gravity of what he's stepped into, he helps Amanda Berry contact the police and get help. And when faced with a barrage of reporters asking inane questions and literally fighting over each other in order to get his attention, he makes one of the most astute sociological observations that I have ever heard: "Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms," he said. "Something is wrong here. Dead giveaway. Dead giveaway. Deeeeeeeeeeaaaaaad giveaway. Either she's homeless, or she's got problems. That's the only reason she'd run to a black man." ”—
Reactions to Cleveland hero Charles Ramsey show America’s race problems
The neighbour who saved the kidnapped Ohio girls has been celebrated and laughed at for his speech and mannerisms
Comment: Removing Babblr
As I have already shown in my earlier post how Babblr can be harmful to your privacy, here’s how to remove it and stop tracking. Please follow all instructions (removing cookies is optional but recommended).
Removing/Disabling Babblr extension from Chrome/Chromium browser
- On the top right corner of your browser, navigate to Tools -> Extensions (may be different in your browser depending on browser language) or type chrome://extensions/ to your browser bar.
- In your extension list, you should see Babblr. Either disable it by clicking the tickbox or press the trash can to remove it completely. You can always reinstall Babblr later.
Removing Babblr from Tumblr
- Navigate to /settings/applications in Tumblr or click the link. Alternatively, press the settings icon and navigate to apps menu.
- From here, revoke Babblr’s permission to use Tumblr.
As for the last reminder, Babblr will not harm your blog despite all the rumours (you can see the source code yourself), but it can violate your privacy. If you have already entered your email (tip: The email field was optional, so were accepting the terms) for Babblr, you don’t need to be concerned. No email change is needed. Babblr is currently down because of enormous amount of users trying to access it.
Removing browser cookies left by Babblr
Do this after you’ve removed the extension and restarted your browser.
- While your browser is open, press Ctrl + Shift + Del on your keyboard. On Chrome, you can also type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData to your browser bar.
- Untick everything, check “cookies”.
- Select timeline from “today”, “yesterday” or “all time”, as long as it’s before you started using Babblr.
- Press the button to remove cookies from your browser.
- You may need to relogin to Tumblr and other websites to use them again.
EDIT: Added note to remove cookies.